Game-Labs Forum

Searchlights and starshells

Zuikaku

Searchlights coul'd be installed on bridges and funnels, (just like guns on hull).

Searchligts provide gunnery bonuses in nightfighting against destroyers and torpedoboats. The also blind targets and reduce their gunnery and torpedo aim.

Starshells can be used to illuminate targets during nighttime.

• Like 1

night battles are, i think, low key confirmed because the text for radars mentions it minimize the accuracy reduction during night time.

i expect searchlights will be represented too, eventually. but i really don't think it's needed to be able to put them ourselves, that's unessesary complexity bloat. just make them an integral part of the towers/funnel mounts and it'll be fine. customizable searchlights really whouldn't bring much difference or variety compared to other designs features that are way more badly needed and important imo.

star shells whould be cool too yes, especially because they are rarely represented in games like this.

We will support night battles (they are just not yet available for players, but they function internally). Towers will have different extra bonuses for night vision and aiming. It is not yet decided if searchlights are going to be visually represented. <----- from dev

Edited by DarkTerren