Game-Labs Forum

Spain request

Galvez88

Hi, I'm a member of the Spanish community of strategy games. Games like total war, paradox games, and games of this type.
we are more than 10000 members in different forums and internet communities and youtube all addicted to strategy games.

Well, we have been following this project with interest and enthusiasm but we want to convey our concern about the absence of nations as important for US independence as Spain (Notable empire and naval armada of the best in the world only compared to the royal navy ) and France too.
We ask that you take into account the importance of these two empires in this game since both were of vital importance and whose history in the naval is unquestionable. having said that we hope that we can not only play battles and campaign with the US and the British Empire. if not also with Spain And France.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2019 at 1:47 AM, LeBoiteux said:

@ sterner :To OP's question about adding Spanish and French campaigns/battles, you answered :

Does it mean that France has no chance of being added ?

We must finish the main campaigns at first. no other promises are being made as the game scope is already huge - new 3d engine, first real serious game with combined ship and land operations (including fortifications combat). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sterner said:

We must finish main campaigns first. no other promises are being made as the game scope is already huge - new 3d engine, first real serious game with combined ship and land operations (including fortifications combat). 

There is what devs can promise at one point and what they dream, consider, foresee, would love developing...

Both are interesting to know 🙂

If the game is a success (it will) :

• National campaigns (Spain, FR, Russia...) during the AWI - Napoleonic wars period would be nice.
  • UA : Age of Sail during the 17-18th centuries would too.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, sterner said:

Hi!

Spain may be added as DLC later when main campaigns are ready. It depends on interest in the game from community and sales.

That sounds better. Congratulations for all your games!! 

Edited by Bellaco

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I guess I'll wait for the French & Spanish to be added to consider buying the game.

So will I.

31 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

The game should be advertised as "epic naval campaigns in the period of the American Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars" only.

The US campaign is advertised as follows : "Our young nation is surrounded on all sides. The British cannot accept our independence. Vicious pirates prey on our merchant vessels. Even our former allies, the French, are now against us". As far as I know, the only period when the French were against the USA is during the Quasi-War (7 July 1798 – 30 September 1800), that is during the French Revolution and the French Consulate, that is not during the French Empire, thus not during the Napoleonic Wars.

As for the UK campaign playing Nelson, it seems to take place during the reign of King George III (1760-1820), thus during the AWI and the Napoleonic Wars, right ?

However, not making France and Spain playable nations during this period of the AWI, French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars is quite "daring" in terms of History. 

Some other solo tactical war games also offers those one-sided campaigns (Order of Battle: World War II...). 

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The historical setup of this game appears to be character-centric - that is, it follows the careers of two particular naval heroes, one British (Nelson) and one American (John Paul Jones). Since the latter didn't only fight for the US I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Russo-Ottoman action in the later part of his career.

Which particular Spanish or French naval heroes would you like to play as, that would afford a similarly exciting game as the other two? That's the question we should be discussing, unlike whether all of the Spanish Empire can be included.

11 hours ago, Seleukos of Olympia said:

The historical setup of this game appears to be character-centric - that is, it follows the careers of two particular naval heroes, one British (Nelson) and one American (John Paul Jones). Since the latter didn't only fight for the US I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Russo-Ottoman action in the later part of his career.

Which particular Spanish or French naval heroes would you like to play as, that would afford a similarly exciting game as the other two? That's the question we should be discussing, unlike whether all of the Spanish Empire can be included.

I'd be interesting in knowing how many gamers, before buying the game, have ever heard of John Paul Jones or knew when exactly Nelson lived and what battles he actually fought...

There were quite a few 'Ultimate Admirals' in all the naval nations of the modern period of Age of Sail (say 1650-1830) that could be made 'exciting' in a game or a DLC. In France, at least one can certainly be found among Duquesne, d'Estrées,  Vivonne, Château-Renault, Tourville, d'Estaing, Grasse, Suffren, Gauthier de Rigny...

And ppl like diversity of nations in historical games. 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

I agree about diversity of playable options being a good thing. I'm just pointing out that in a character-centric game it's better to discuss possible admirals than possible nations. Latouche-Tréville looks like a good option - a contemporary of the existing two but representing France, with a career spanning multiple wars with lots of documented battles. Who would represent Spain in the same way?

(I don't mean this negatively in any way. My knowledge of naval history of that time is rudimentary.)

• 1 month later...
On 22/8/2019 at 1:32, Seleukos of Olympia said:

Estoy de acuerdo en que la diversidad de opciones jugables es algo bueno. Solo estoy señalando que en un juego centrado en el personaje es mejor discutir posibles almirantes que posibles naciones. Latouche-Tréville parece una buena opción: contemporáneo de los dos existentes, pero representando a Francia, con una carrera que abarca múltiples guerras con muchas batallas documentadas. ¿Quién representaría a España de la misma manera?

(No me refiero a esto negativamente de ninguna manera. Mi conocimiento de la historia naval de esa época es rudimentario).

Gálvez!!!