Game-Labs Forum

Reduce shipwreck weight please

I was really lucky this past weekend and found 3 sealed bottles.  I opened one and travelled to it in a traders brig and found that the weight of the shipwreck was too much for my brig to carry.  Since the recreation of my character, I am at the rank to have enough crew to man a snow.  Luckily I was able to sail an undercrewed LGV with that cargo perk, whatever it’s called, to pick up the wreck loot.

When the game gets released, new players may find bottles only to sail to them and not be able to gather the loot.  As any new, low level player, can capture and use traders brigs, I suggest to reduce the treasure so a traders brig can pick it up.  In this case, I’d get rid of the stained glass as the logs are treasure enough.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Easy doesn't always make better.

It's kinda cool that there is some complexity for salvage skippers.  We can speed out to a wreck site, in a T Lynx, and recce the job.  Sometimes a T Lynx will have a big enough hold, but often a TSnow is needed.  I've found lots of bottles and have only once needed an Indiaman.    Finding a bigger ship, sailing undercrewed, returning to a wreck, adds detail to the game.  

We can use a bigger ship when sailing to a bottle.  Players can also open another bottle.  We are not stuck if we choose NOT to return with a bigger ship. There are lots of options.

Removing challenges and making the game easier doesn't always improve gameplay.

Personally I would love it if the Devs made salvage operations more detailed.  Having a ship that matched the description, rather than the same Indiaman everytime.   We could load up part of the cargo and make return trips.  The wreck could sink at anytime, slip under the water and disappear.  Then we could have mechanics to conduct underwater work.  We might be able to refloat the vessel and tow, or sail, it back to port, (but we would need a perk to conduct the repairs).  Other players should also be able to see and access any wreck once it has spawned.  But there are only 2.5 devs and they are busy with other priorities.

Making wrecks easier  won't improve the game.

Edited by Macjimm

On 4/7/2019 at 11:46 PM, Macjimm said:

Making wrecks easier  won't improve the game.

Making wrecks harder certainly doesn't. 

Seriously, like we need one more reason to be AFK on the OW? 🙄

There is literally no reason to not make the shipwreck looting interface like the in-battle looting interface, realism, logistically, or game-play-wise.  It's just a quality of life feature that makes sense.

• Like 1