Game-Labs Forum

Rename Ship

That is a nice option I hoped to see.

But could it be manageable with so many ships from crafting or from DLC ?

Could the crafter give a name to the ship he crafted, as the ship carries today the name of its crafter ? could it be renamed afterwards ? what about captured ships from AI's ?

I guess it's not possible with a data bank of names to manage.

Or, could it be possible to implement a feature to see its date of construction followed by its different owners name ?

Some ships might have long career and became famous !!

Edited by Celtiberofrog
  • Like 2

Interesting option would be to have a naming system for the ships, similar to NPC commander names.

So every single ship in the world would have a singular unique name, not selected by the player but by the "Admiralty".

So instead of having only captain name and rank, an additional column would state the vessel name.

• Like 7

I would love to see custom names for ships, even more if displayed on the OW, but i prefer a proper class name than fighting  gamer's /manga /joke names.

Picking a name from a list related to your nation when crafting, even better if currently used (not sunk) ones on your nation are not selectables, but this implie having a consequent / huge database. Hiding it behind a dlc could limit the number of user but it would make it more difficult to tell someone who paid for the fonctionality that he can't pick USS President for his constit' or Commerce de Marseille for his Ocean, etc. because someone already claimed that name for a ship sitting in a dock of a now inactive account. And sailing in a Hermione XVII may not be satisfactory enough.

• Like 3

Admirality would have to choose the name so we dont see HMS Dickbutt and L’Fagot sailing around

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

Admirality would have to choose the name so we dont see HMS Dickbutt and L’Fagot sailing around

lmao

I also hope for a system like this, be able to rename your ship and when people click on you in OW, they will actually see "-natioflag- Player_Name
'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  shipname"

Edited by Portuguese Privateer