Game-Labs Forum

AI Boarding

Hullabaloo

Question

Just boarded an AI Belle Poule in Le Requin.

I had:

Marines 10, Marines 15, Nassau Boarders, Book Five Rings, Boarding Parties

It had slightly more crew, was about 230 to 200

I attacked into it's Brace: Killed 16, Lost 23 !!!!

Is that right?

Don't do that much PVE but I'm guessing that it's to stop people rage boarding AI and capping loads of ships, but just seems strange that a bog standard npc ship is way more difficult to board than virtually any player.

Edited by Hullabaloo 'The Thief'

4 answers to this question

I guess the ai had the barricades. Just go musket etc. attack when you have the numbers. Do not attack last second. Attack start of the round to see what his brace will do, look at numbers up, if not good result do not attack, change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

I guess the ai had the barricades. Just go musket etc. attack when you have the numbers. Do not attack last second. Attack start of the round to see what his brace will do, look at numbers up, if not good result do not attack, change.

Against AI you should first reduce the moral. The tactic above is in my opinion the best way to do so.

Press "Attack" when 1. round starts, AI will normaly use "Defend", 2-3sec before round ends change to "muskets". The moral of AI decreases. Next round depends on your preparation, the moral of AI and the difference in crew. You can use "Attack" in the beginnig of the round again and do the same with "firedeck guns".

After this, build up your prepartion and attack him down.

• Like 2