Game-Labs Forum

Diana ship feedback - 29th August 2018

what2.JPG.36e7c97c9b72be6b7297127a035d5e0c.JPG

what1.JPG.4e1ca643113452b20f0d5a895ff8782d.JPG

Notice the speed. No Mods and No Knowledge used, ship is Teak/White Oak.

More stats:

30° upwind: 5knts

90°                10.2 knts

50-55° downwind: 13.4 knts

45° downwind: 13.2 knts

30° downwind: 11.9 knts

When you sail 13.4 knts and start turning, you are almost right away at 11 knts and Diana gets no speed while turning.

@admin so the port stats or the battle speed is wrong.

• Like 2

Tested mine in a Bermuda Teak trade raider fashion - no knowledge slots, can't remember the modules but think I put mostly tackles and reload based stuff. Used the cannons, no carronades. She performed admirably against Endy, Trinc and Santi, as flagship with a squadron of schooners. Loss of the Diana versus Trinc and Endy.

She is not a close hauler but she will hold her own, given not many mistakes made, against similar and maybe heavier frigates without having to resort to hugging metas.

She is a bit of a straight slab but has great authority on her foremast. Probably the feature that struck me the most.

But given it was only that one battle it becomes hard to judge, but i was fairly impressed on a good way.

Lost one Teak/Teak in a brawl with a 5th rate (Belle or Frigate) and 3x 6th rates (Merc, Brig & Privateer) and had another fight with Teak/Wo one against a frigate & Privateer. In both setups no premium modules, only british gunners, cotton sails and Sir Williams Congreves respectively Basic Hull. Within both fights my impression was:

a) admirable turning, even tacking works like a charm

b) heck, I'm loosing armor hp like melting icecream in summertime despite trying to angle

In current state she's a real girl for sailing & turning but don't expose her to heavy fire, she wouldn't bounce much. Will continue to sail her, because i really like her turning, her looks and especially her attitude in the sea in battle instance. It feels real smooth and "sailish" - congratz on this job.

I wouldn't go against especially Trinc or Endy with her, but with the low base speed there's no chance to escape. Against the other 5th rates she has the advantage of her turning speed and the heavy guns, so you should have a chance.

Verdict: A real beauty with swiveling hips, but only for real man that don't avoid any fight - and know what they do.

• Like 3