Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

The redeem is set. These were paid for under DLC terms on valve, changing that would cause serious issues even if it was allowed. 

then is it allowed to deny DLC ship perticipating in ingame events?

For example Hercules was denied from perticipating in Port battles after becoming DLC ship

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

is it written in steam that you will be able to join shallow pbs in it?

No but it also not writen you cannot join.

May i remind you when Hercules was released as DLC ship she was allowed to join PBs it was 3 days later she was reclassed as 5th rate and was denied from shallow PBs and i wonder if or devs and admin broke any Valve rules about DLC content here

Edited by Lovec1990

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

Well if masts on smaller ships were fixed it would all be less of an issue. If you ask me limiting ships from pbs is just laziness and a sign that the dlc model is just broken garbage. 

• Like 2

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Well if masts on smaller ships were fixed it would all be less of an issue. If you ask me limiting ships from pbs is just laziness and a sign that the dlc model is just broken garbage. 

Not DLC model just DLC ship choice

41 minutes ago, rediii said:

You know to participate in a shallow port pattle at the moment DLC ships are needed, thats just way it is and have bought a herc if i want to.

Nassau patrol you need a group of DLC content ships or basic cutters to make it worth going.

We all know both the DLC ships are waaay more powerful than any other shallow water ship.

I tend to run from them if in a disabled crafted ship, and thats way it is atm,  herc masts seem weak, req though are a pain but been told if you take it's front mast they suffer.   Req masts are real low also so don't use top of sail as where to fire at them.

We need a DLC 4th rate next and finally a 1st rate, perhaps a DLC rocket ship as upgrade to mortar brig.

If gets $ in to fund game then is all good, although i would suggest more balance  with ships that are crafted vs DLC.

Edited by Dibbler

Sincerely I think the problem is not "DLC or not DLC ship".

The problem are Hercules and Requin. We would get the same balancing issues even if crafted (especially being pretty small ships so requiring not a lot of materials).

This leads us to (may be) see the real problems.

Herc, without any mod is in the end a nimble Surprise, smaller, better armed. Is she good? yes. Totally unbeatable? no.
Requin, without any mod is in the end a Prince with double crew and crappier downwind profile. Useful raider? yes. Uncounterable? no.
The problem is how fast could be the Hercules with all good mods... and how nimble with still quite a punch (especially with poods).
The problem is how fast in any direction could be Requin with Elite Pirate Refit.

This ends up being AGAIN a problem of Perms/Books balancing. A problem that widen more and more the gap between Vet/Richer players and Newbie/Poorer ones.

It's all here.

We need more pro/cons for each ship (example: why in the hell should I use a Connie? aside utter love... she turns less, she's slower and less armed than an Agamennon) in each rate/subrate (I consider the 5th rate class dividible in 2 subrates: smaller - like Herc, Surp, Reno - and bigger frigates - like Trinco, Endy, Indef).

Why using a 3rd rate when Bellona is better in almost any respect? Why using a Victory in place of Ocean? why using an Essex? etc...

That a DLC ship could be slight better (or more specialized) than same rank ships, it is good (and marketing).

WE NEED TO GET ALL PERMS/BOOKS UTTERLY REBALANCED AND BANNING OVERSTACKING.

To give an example: like only 1 rig refit (Boven, Spanish, French, Brit, Pirate) on a ship, the same should go for pure speed one.
Therefore only one between: Naval Clock, Copper, NHR and Gazelle.
Then get back Gazelle bow to +2%.

So on a ship you'll be able to put ONE.

Those still having one, will put Naval Clock (+4% +small bonus);
The richer will put Copper (+3% +small bonus);
The PVPer/mid rich will put NHR (+2.5% no bonus);
The poorer will put Gazelle (+2 small malus).

We could keep Crooked and Cotton aside... being speed bonus... but paid with malus (even bigger).

And going the same way on all perms.

And then rebalance books... or we get superbooks nerfed or we get them more easily obtainable.

AoSH gives an enormous edge... it costs, if found on market, 200 PVP marks. Majority of players would never see this amount in a year. Pros/Vets could farm them in like a week. Again: we are giving more and more edge to rich/vet/hardcore over poor/new/casual.

A new player could be really good... but he simply has no hope on a decent 3/5 without supercostly perms nor superbooks against the same ship 5/5 with them.
He'll lose badly even clearly seeing the enemy not so good... and he'll ragequit.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Please explain.

I have explained 100 times. You would know if people read combat discussions thread. Not even the devs read it but let's be honest. You cannot balance properly if you don't even play the game. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Yes dlc model. No duration or only ship notes as redeemable. Br fixes are needed. 

Ok in order to fix BR we need too talk about specific ship but when we are talking about DLC model we are talking about how this works you reedem ship note timer starts perhaps timer should start when ship is lost and for duration you mean cooldown time between reedems?

On 7/23/2018 at 11:36 AM, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Was done with all other ships before DLC.

A "ganking " squadron of 3/5 shop ships could achieve the same exact results.

We are missing a big point here... no sure what to be honest....

I think you might be a little delusional. Either you haven´t tried to do it or you have no clue about PVP I always see you talking in here like a real know it all. Prove it with a Screenshot or gather guys to fight me 1v5 once in Hercs+Req´s and once in Shop Ships! DO IT or stop lying about things.

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

nvm then. You say the mast of small ships have issues...

I must believe your word. Roger wilco.

Sail safe.

Just search masts in forums and you will find a very detailed thread about it. Sorry I'm using mobile. 

All I want I will say is 5 hits to masts on smaller ships. I have proposed a solution but as always its completely ignored and that's why smaller ships and especially smaller frigates are useless. I explained in detail that if you require a mast mod the game is broken. Period. 

1 minute ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

I think you might be a little delusional. Either you haven´t tried to do it or you have no clue about PVP I always see you talking in here like a real know it all. Prove it with a Screenshot or gather guys to fight me 1v5 once in Hercs+Req´s and once in Shop Ships! DO IT or stop lying about things.

5 guys sailing shop ships can invade any OW battle, kill the player and get out.

Stop believing everyone is going for specific pvp with pros or other dedicated pvpers.

2 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

5 guys sailing shop ships can invade any OW battle, kill the player and get out.

Stop believing everyone is going for pvp with pros or other pvpers.

PROVE IT :) It´s not the way you arew telling everyone it is. You are spreading FAKE NEWS across this Forum like none other. I cannot understand how you are a moderator for this game.

EDIT: I want to see evidence for your statements as you post hundreds of them without ever proving anything.

Edited by guest ck9ubl3t
Avoid Double Post
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Ok in order to fix BR we need too talk about specific ship but when we are talking about DLC model we are talking about how this works you reedem ship note timer starts perhaps timer should start when ship is lost and for duration you mean cooldown time between reedems?

I mean you redeem note and have to craft it with mats etc. Notes cannot be traded or put into ship holds. This way a shipyard is needed. It's punishing but free ships is bollocks for only 12 euro. That's 2 packs of fags... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

PROVE IT :) It´s not the way you arew telling everyone it is. You are spreading FAKE NEWS across this Forum like none other. I cannot understand how you are a moderator for this game.

EDIT: I want to see evidence for your statements as you post hundreds of them without ever proving anything.

Dude his whole clan talks alot about pvp but they never pvp. Ganks maybe but not pvp. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I mean you redeem note and have to craft it with mats etc. Notes cannot be traded or put into ship holds. This way a shipyard is needed. It's punishing but free ships is bollocks for only 12 euro. That's 2 packs of fags... 

then ships offered must be stronger than all crafted in same rate and come 5/5 with choosable trait(agile,very agile,fast,....)

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Dude his whole clan talks alot about pvp but they never pvp. Ganks maybe but not pvp. 

Yes and it is unbelievable he is the loudest person on this whole forum although he has no clue what he is talking about. I am fine with different opinions. But if we are discussing the future of this game you should provide evidence and not make empty statements especially as a moderator. Just my 2cents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, guest ck9ubl3t said:

PROVE IT :)

how many videos of using shop schooners ( that's 60 crew, not 250 crew xebecs ) attacking other ships you want ?

check all the YT vids with my name relating to naval action.

*yawn*

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Define PvP please. 

Take duels to your legends room. Press sail you are open to pvp, whatever shape or form.

say GG and get over it

59 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

then ships offered must be stronger than all crafted in same rate and come 5/5 with choosable trait(agile,very agile,fast,....)

Why? It's dlc not P2W. An m4a1 that comes as a DLC in battlefield has no advantage over an ak74.  Different stats but not more powerful. Dlc is nothing more than eye candy. 

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Why? It's dlc not P2W. An m4a1 that comes as a DLC in battlefield has no advantage over an ak74.  Different stats but not more powerful. Dlc is nothing more than eye candy. 

then let it be eye candy but as ship notes not blueprints