Game-Labs Forum

Wood types and crafting

Just gotta tell my opinion on the rng crafting generally speaking: it's fine. If you push 'worse' woods or create counties, in which the probability of crafting purple or gold ships is higher, soon everybody will only sail purple or gold ships. Now those ships are really rare and that's a good thing imo.

• Like 4

The best thing would be that the wood types would be equal. Would provide more options in the end game. As devs don't seem to be too interested from it, maybe higher rng % can help here.  The end game is very boring with 2 or 3 "good" wood types.

I did not say that you have to give a mega bonus that will ruin everything and all will soon sail a gold ship.

On 03/04/2018 at 10:18 PM, Palatinose said:

Just gotta tell my opinion on the rng crafting generally speaking: it's fine.

Though rng debate was closed long time ago and i was happy it was removed , but now it's back...

With rng you'll see less people willing to go for pvp because they'll be afraid to loose their unique ship, which they get thanks to rng god, and if they loose it they know they might never get the same good ship again . To me rng only leads to player frustration and disinterest for the game, and as it is now it gives too much advantage to gold ships with the two extra slots. I'm not saying gold ships should be legion, it of course should be rare or better, obtained through efforts. Just make extra slot and extra trim ships obtained through crafting with the need of pvp marks and rare ressources to craft them, so people will know they'll get the ship they want thanks to pvp and rvr (for  rare ressources) an will go for it. Rng will lead the game to become a pve game with occasional pvp, i'm not sure that's what people want.

Excuse me for my bad english but i think you get my point.

Just for you  to know i don't want to participate again to an endless debate about rng, as i said i though debate was closed, i've done it more than a year and a half ago and i though this point were heard by the devs so they removed rng at that time.

1 minute ago, Madjohn said:

Though rng debate was closed long time ago and i was happy it was removed , but now it's back...

With rng you'll see less people willing to go for pvp because they'll be afraid to loose their unique ship, which they get thanks to rng god, and if they loose it they know they might never get the same good ship again . To me rng only leads to player frustration and disinterest for the game, and as it is now it gives too much advantage to gold ships with the two extra slots. I'm not saying gold ships should be legion, it of course should be rare or better, obtained through efforts. Just make extra slot and extra trim ships obtained through crafting with the need of pvp marks and rare ressources to craft them, so people will know they'll get the ship they want thanks to pvp and rvr (for  rare ressources) an will go for it. Rng will lead the game to become a pve game with occasional pvp, i'm not sure that's what people want.

I like rng crafting and I think its good for the game.

When you get a standard ship (like 90% of the time) you dont feel bad if you lose it in PvP because it was nothing special anyways. And even more important, you actually need to lose it so you can free up dock space to craft your next ship, which could be a golden one.

4 or 5 slot ships are very rare, they are not meant to be used for PvP zone or smth in my opinion. Best use would be an important fight or PB. Or you could sell them and get rich.

So rng crafting increases crafting and to craft you need dockspace. To get dockspace you need to lose your ship in PvP.

rng crafting = more PvP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

So rng crafting increases crafting and to craft you need dockspace. To get dockspace you need to lose your ship in PvP.

So you think people will go pvp with the hope and intention that they loose their ship so they might get a better one next? :) 

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Well what do you do when you have no dockspace left...sell it to NPC for 20k?

no, i give them to rookie players or friends in need.

Edited by Madjohn
  • Like 1

Im happy with the current RNG. Could be more accessible but If you earn the money finding the trim you want isn't to hard if you play the markets. For example im sat on 3 Very cramped shallow ships. How ? Because I search the freetowns and my capital and buy them when I find em.

PS

Just needs abit of a tweak to change how often you get trims. 4/5's should always be basically rare as possible.

Edited by Capt Trashal Early

On 4/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, Madjohn said:

Can you give me a link to a thread where this is explained plz? I would like to understand your point. Thx by advance.

There were very few to no ships in stores when we did not have rng. After rng patch this was changed radically.

edit.

And sorry that I did not answer, but I don't get any more informed if someone reply to my message.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ