Game-Labs Forum

The LGV Refit -Tried it out and...

It's clearly a boarding ship, can take more cargo then others and above all you can dock at any port.

It's  a decent ship, if used right but it's also rather weak compared to other combat ships, which it should be.

However, it being a boarding but only has 3 knowledge slots is too weak. All other ships can have superior boarding setup then a ship designed for boarding.

It's not a great ship, it's just decent... but it really needs to have 5 knowledge slots to really be able to compete. Any other ship can have same boarding setup and two more slots, there is no reason for that because having 5 slots will not make it superior by any means.

With that said, pls consider giving 5 knowledge slots like the rest of the ships.

Stay above the waves!

• Like 4

I like they gave it the board prep, which the Pirate Frigate should get along with the Marole boost, but it really needs to be a 3/5 ship.  That and let us craft it and maybe get the extra perks too. I would pay 150 PvP marks for a 3/5 BP of the ship that I can craft when ever I want.  To equal this out just make the LGV like the Refit now as an alternative for folks to use in OW.  Than have the Refit be the special paint and extra slots for the PvP rewards.   Cause really the LGV by it self hardly gets used any more as it's the middle ground trade ship.  Even though i still love it for it's trade ship hunter, but I'm not going to invest in a ship that is only 3/3 slots when better options are out there.

• Like 2

Personally all trade ships need the 5 slots now.  I don't think limiting them serves any purpose anymore.  The LGV refit shouldn't be behind a pvp mark wall either.  Yes, it's interesting but its rather weak to other ships.  A pirate frigate, which can be made with combat marks, is a better combat ship.  Right now capping LGVs on the OS to use as "pirate" trade ships is much easier.

It's a ship that probably needs to be combat mark limited instead of PvP.

• Like 2

While the 5 slots of knowledge would be a proper upgrade for her, after all she has been refit for "robbers at sea" use, she has 3 innate slots already - boarding guns, preparation and extra crew.

She isn't widely used because she isn't OP nor meta. She is a fine trade raider. And does this job perfectly. She's a "robbers at sea" refit. Not a "naval frigate powerzorz refit".

Fine tuned to hit whatever she can overpower and run from whatever is a menace is very possible and challenging.

On 2-2-2018 at 8:30 PM, Liang Dao Ming said:

It's clearly a boarding ship, can take more cargo then others and above all you can dock at any port.

It's  a decent ship, if used right but it's also rather weak compared to other combat ships, which it should be.

However, it being a boarding but only has 3 knowledge slots is too weak. All other ships can have superior boarding setup then a ship designed for boarding.

It's not a great ship, it's just decent... but it really needs to have 5 knowledge slots to really be able to compete. Any other ship can have same boarding setup and two more slots, there is no reason for that because having 5 slots will not make it superior by any means.

With that said, pls consider giving 5 knowledge slots like the rest of the ships.

Stay above the waves!

well its a pvp marks ship ,so with the new hulls

perhaps a 4/4 as default, is a good buff