Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Practice tweak

Let battle start in 5 minutes no matter the numbers, minimum 2 players.

Change clerk message to [captain] sunk [nation] player in Fleet Practice.

- or - 

Simply remove messages from Fleet Practice all together. ( who needs it anyway... )

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

[captain] sunk [nation] player in Fleet Practice.

Let battle start in 5 minutes no matter the numbers, minimum 2 players.

well you have to look at the down side of it 

if you do 2 players you will get alot of player doing 1 vs 1 and that will consume server data i think

and a lot more players doing practise battle instead of pvp and not  going out in OW and doing other ow activities

so i think 10 is good(  5 vs 5 )= organized play

Edited by Thonys

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Sure. 

But would even be better to have 1v1 versus Blood than having Global being spammed every 25 seconds - join join join :lol:

global is not selected overhere : :) 

so dont see it, nice and quiet..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

There should be a global number where you can see how many guys are in queue (at the bottom where current player number is for example). Then we will get more fleet practices.

Can see it at any port by clicking join Fleet Practice ? Not sure...

Just now, Hethwill said:

i believe it is that way..

and indeed  something has to be done about the messages you get after sunk in combat news 

its distracting and in my eyes not correct 

also who needs it (its practise)

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Yeah but how often do you do that? If you are online for 2 hours and you have to to check every queue that would mean that you have to join it 24 times. Noone does that, you check maybe 2 or 3 times and thats it.

If you see a number you can do trading in port or other stuff and join the queue when there are some people in fleet practice.

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Yeah but how often do you do that? If you are online for 2 hours and you have to to check every queue that would mean that you have to join it 24 times. Noone does that, you check maybe 2 or 3 times and thats it.

If you see a number you can do trading in port or other stuff and join the queue when there are some people in fleet practice.

this could work, but only in port 

when you enter tab and  joined the fleet practise ,and leave the tab

you get a message : waiting cue is filled (+50 % of waiting  players) , do you want to join the fleet practise battle..[timer to join battle]

^^ just a cenario 

when you leave port you are out of fleet practise (also message>  you leave port and fleet practise)

Edited by Thonys

Seriously... IMO we'd need to be able to create "rooms", open for all or only for invite or even solo.

I want to test a different ship loadout and try her (for speed, handling). Now I have to sail and look for a trader. No sense.

Or may be we want to do some formation/sailing practice. Again, atm we have to sail and look for an AI.

On this fleet practice, being nice concept, doesnt solve these problems.