Game-Labs Forum

Limit usage of forged papers

Here is my proposal about limiting usage of forged papers. I think this may prevent joining winning side so easy by whole clans and single players as well. We seen this few times already in the past. Since OW there was few big "zerg" nations already. 

Limit usage of forged papers to once in a 3 months, or allow usage them like now but demote ranks.

This may look like controversial proposal but in long term may profit in steady population balance. Now we are witness of easy nation swap. Few examples:

- Half of prussians left for dutch - a exoduss of whole nation

- A lot joining Russia for Victory Marks since they look like most active and strong RvR nation with strong population in every timezone.

- Few brits joining other nation since they lost to superior russian fleet.

This game need healthy population balance - sadly can`t be provided by own community so far and i think it`s time to limit somehow. And please don`t start with contre arguments - like: " you know what you done by pick impossible nation". It`s not about Commonwealth - it`s about whole game and community.

I think you will get 2 very different replies in this thread. 

I am of the opinion that changing nations should be easy. More times that not, new players have no clue what they are getting into when first picking a nation and regret their 1st decision. Even experienced players make friends in other nations or they simply get bored and want a change of scenery.

Whatever the reason, I think there ABSOLUTELY should be an in-game feature to allow you change nations (aside from forged papers). I am not saying that there should be no punishment for abandoning your current nation. Maybe demoting 1-2 ranks or forcing the player to pay a very large sum of money would be enough? 

There will always be players who wish to follow the winning side to reap the benefits, but they will do this with or without forged papers. By denying/limiting everyone access to defection,  I believe you are doing more harm than good. 

11 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I think you will get 2 very different replies in this thread. 

I am of the opinion that changing nations should be easy. More times that not, new players have no clue what they are getting into when first picking a nation and regret their 1st decision. Even experienced players make friends in other nations or they simply get bored and want a change of scenery.

Whatever the reason, I think there ABSOLUTELY should be an in-game feature to allow you change nations (aside from forged papers). I am not saying that there should be no punishment for abandoning your current nation. Maybe demoting 1-2 ranks or forcing the player to pay a very large sum of money would be enough? 

There will always be players who wish to follow the winning side to reap the benefits, but they will do this with or without forged papers. By denying/limiting everyone access to defection,  I believe you are doing more harm than good. 

I know that people don`t like any kind of limits - including myself but sometimes for sake of gameplay maybe is worth to try. Just don`t like sudden massive nation hoop like we witness after merge until now. Destroying RvR and nations population balance in result whole game population. Just notice - merge suppose boost population - sadly is same or even smaller than before at maximum 550 i saw.

3 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Here is my proposal about limiting usage of forged papers. I think this may prevent joining winning side so easy by whole clans and single players as well. We seen this few times already in the past. Since OW there was few big "zerg" nations already. 

Limit usage of forged papers to once in a 3 months, or allow usage them like now but demote ranks.

This may look like controversial proposal but in long term may profit in steady population balance. Now we are witness of easy nation swap. Few examples:

- Half of prussians left for dutch - a exoduss of whole nation

- A lot joining Russia for Victory Marks since they look like most active and strong RvR nation with strong population in every timezone.

- Few brits joining other nation since they lost to superior russian fleet.

This game need healthy population balance - sadly can`t be provided by own community so far and i think it`s time to limit somehow. And please don`t start with contre arguments - like: " you know what you done by pick impossible nation". It`s not about Commonwealth - it`s about whole game and community.

Or we could simply stop rewarding the dominant nations even more and instead gives incentives to join the smaller nations? I agree with the 3 month cooldown on forged papers tho and I think they should be craftable aswell...

• Like 3

Since so much of this game is dependent on building competitive nations, I'd like it to be difficult to switch to a more powerful nation.

1 set of Forged Papers should be given to each new player, usable up to a certain rank or it disappears. That gives a newbie a chance to get a feel for nations and the game.

Otherwise a move to a weaker nation is paid in gold, progressively less expensive as you go down the power ladder. A move to a stronger nation costs Victory Marks, progressively more expensive as you go up the nation power ladder.

Orr just any of the top 3 nations are disabled to switch to.

You complaining people left to the dutch is irritating to me on a degree that makes me have irrational thoughts. We have always been small, prior to that there was no chance of us having a port battle fleet, and our economy was dead due to swedes and danes camping our regions because we didnt have even close to the numbers to compete. Still dont. But you know., whatever. hello kitty the dutch i guess. 

sorry for my rant, truly I am. But you can see why switching nations shouldnt be limited to time, rather just take it away from larger nations so smaller nations like Prussia and the Dutch can grow. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake

People will always jump ship to be part of the winning side.

Gb was once the servers superpower, then the usa was. Then sorry was a force it gained over 100 active pirate players. Then Sverige became the new powerhouse and many players flocked to them. Now the Russians have blooded the Sverige war machine, players switch to them!!!

People like being on the winning side, you can't change that! Those nation jumpers will be gone in a few months so why does it matter!!