Game-Labs Forum

Well Ill be straightforward.

After spending hours doing the hostility for a PB you then have to sail to the OB. If you do the hostility for the PB you should get automatic entry. Only those who haven't participated should have to sail. As usual the carebears alliance was sailing in WASA's for a shallow PB on global. All they see is a cheap kill. 

I am complaining about screening in much larger ships that are not able to enter the PB. The whole point of it is if both sides can fill a PB before the battle its going to be a much better battle. Screening is a valid tactic where the ships used can enter the PB. The gankers just use bigger ships to make it easy for them, i have been done over several times by these cowards who are too weak to fight in the same class of ship. 

Simple fix, just let those who create hostility enter the PB direct, its not rocket science, if they want to fight well sail there and enter the pb against you.

5 hours ago, Long John Saliva said:

Well Ill be straightforward.

After spending hours doing the hostility for a PB you then have to sail to the OB. If you do the hostility for the PB you should get automatic entry. Only those who haven't participated should have to sail. As usual the carebears alliance was sailing in WASA's for a shallow PB on global. All they see is a cheap kill. 

I m confused... The Can that creates the PB gets to pick the clans that can join the PB. and usually that also includes the Commander deciding which players he takes in the Battle Fleet Group. Is your Clan doing this differently?

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

this is not a port battle simulator.

part of setting a PB is having a plan to execute inside and outside the port.  Sail with higher br, more numbers and/or get friends.  

Or just bring your own screening fleet in bigger ships and get the job done..

/agreed

Long john sailed up to the port battle by himself then proceeded to sit just out of render range of the port for about 10 mins before the battle started. I was sailing around in my wasa looking for kills and i guess he must have been afk because i sailed right up to him and tagged him. The end result isn't to hard to figure out. Even if he made it past the handful of screeners outside the port by himself there was a another handful of brits waiting for him in shallow water ships. The lesson should be do not try to take a hostile port all by yourself then be mad when it does not work out.

85024BEE7C26BE57D93F5306512B54E8E695B898

Edited by Aster
  • Like 1

As anoying as it is, if it happens to yourself, I think it should be possible to screen in bigger ships than the pb fleet deploys.

The only things that might need some pondering and modification are:

1. Should deep water vessels be able to get into shallow water ports (right now it is possible in some cases)?

2. If not, how close to shallow water ports should they be able to get?

3. Could the difference of shallow and deep water be made any clearer for every captain (e.g. by a tutorial explaining the use of the map and the meaning of different shades of blue on it or by visual differences of deep and shallow water in the OW)?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

13 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

As anoying as it is, if it happens to yourself, I think it should be possible to screen in bigger ships than the pb fleet deploys.

The only things that might need some pondering and modification are:

1. Should deep water vessels be able to get into shallow water ports (right now it is possible in some cases)?

2. If not, how close to shallow water ports should they be able to get?

3. Could the difference of shallow and deep water be made any clearer for every captain (e.g. by a tutorial explaining the use of the map and the meaning of different shades of blue on it or by visual differences of deep and shallow water in the OW)?

1) Yes they shouid considering that some shallow ports they can't get into were historically able to... I always just considered it a way to give little ships a purpose...  Now in saying that I think it is stupid that you can do Hostility on a Shallow port with Frigates or SOLs.. or use SOLs for a 4th rate port Hostility missions should have the same rate limits the PB there will have.. Work for it

2) Except for a channel to get in it should be a reasonable distance out for most... and in the Battle instance it needs to still be SHALLOW that is where it gets weird

3.. at the higher settings you have a noticeable difference between deep and shallow except for those random OW sand bars...at least on my system.. but yes it needs tweaking in that regard..