Game-Labs Forum

Request for Rule Clarification

Sunleader

First off Sorry about putting this here.

But I wadnt sure if other Players can give a definite Answer to it. And I tried looking for Ingame Ruled but was unable to find a Post on it.

So following thing. The more I check around the more I notice that there is alot of REALLY obvious Multi Accounts.

Now this presses the Question. Is it forbidden to have more than one Account? Or is it Allowed.

Greetz

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunleader said:

First off Sorry about putting this here.

But I wadnt sure if other Players can give a definite Answer to it. And I tried looking for Ingame Ruled but was unable to find a Post on it.

So following thing. The more I check around the more I notice that there is alot of REALLY obvious Multi Accounts.

Now this presses the Question. Is it forbidden to have more than one Account? Or is it Allowed.

Greetz

• Players are ONLY allowed ONE account per server. Which means 1 steam client can only have 1 player on one server. 
  • If a new steam user buys the game we must provide him access to game, because the game is distributed and sold by Valve to a steam user (game labs are not a seller of a game). (having two games on the same account is impossible)
  • Under our agreement with valve - if a steam user player buys the game on his steam account we must provide access as for us he is a legitimate buyer, unless he broke steam EULA (eg he is not racist or a cheater). You can only buy the game once per steam account thus - 1 steam account = 1 captain 
    • But running several valve clients could interfere with steam EULA but we are not the partner in that side deal. Thats valve relationships with the user.

Which means

1. On our side the policy is simple - one steam client - one account.
  2. On Valve's side we heard that running several steam clients on one machine could get you banned

Please request clarification from Valve if you need to know their stance on running several steam clients
https://help.steampowered.com/en/

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Which means that they are likely not using several Steam Clients on one Machine but several Computers to make sure they aint Banned by Steam.... 

Or Steam just doesn't care? Why would they go on a witch hunt for people that give them money???

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Or Steam just doesn't care? Why would they go on a witch hunt for people that give them money???

Nope.

I already Confirmed this Earlier Today. 

Possessing and Using several Steam Accounts even on the Same Computer is not against Steam Rules.

In Fact Steam FAQ actually states that they Allow you to use several Steam Accounts on one Computer.

Conditions are merely that your not allowed to abuse this for Cheating or other Breaches of the User Agreement with Steam.

Steam also States in their User Agreement that they are not Involved in Third Party Applications and are not Responsible for Confirming Third Parties Rules on this.

Now the Question is why Game Labs would Grant Access to the Game for Different Steam Accounts even if they Break the Rules.

Of course if the User Decided to Buy the Game again after one of his Accounts has been Banned. That would be a Different Story. As that Account would not have Violated the Rules.

But in case of certain Accounts breaking the Rules. By effectively Creating several Accounts for the Same Person on the Server. It should actually be Possible for Game Labs to Ban these Accounts Individually due to Breaking the Rules.

Needless to say. That even if we assume them to be Contractually Bound to Offer Game Access to each Steam Account regardless of Multi Accounting Policy. Other Sanctions on the Account like Wiping a Certain Character or Deleting any Content thats moved between these Characters etc. Would not be Affected.

I am more Confused than before xD

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

So basicaly Yepe? Because that is exactly what i said.

Not really :)

Cause what you said sounded more like.

"So what if its against the Rules? They make Money with it so they Ignore it."

Not that it really matters.

Thing is this is somewhat annoying. Cause Multi Accounts Ruin the Economy.

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Not really :)

Cause what you said sounded more like.

"So what if its against the Rules? They make Money with it so they Ignore it."

What it "sounded like" is completely up to your perception and imagination. What i said factually applies, no matter what the steam rules are.

5 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Not that it really matters.

Well yeah, not really...

8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Thing is this is somewhat annoying. Cause Multi Accounts Ruin the Economy.

Yeah, it is pretty widely accepted but what could the devs do to stop it? I see it as a mild form of pay2win. You can have a alt account for swedes for example and bid on all the upgrades in their ports or have a alt on US to get cheap white oak but it isn't game breaking. These people pay 40 bucks for the advantage after all.... they help to fund the development of the game which is a good thing ( at least if the money actually is used to improve the game )...

Some changes to make alts less appealing would be to get rid of the building limit and allow placement of contracts in enemy ports BUT this would also make the game more boring and kind of even easier than it already is...

What would you do to prevent alt excessive alt usage?

Well there is several Options.

Allow the Players to Buy additional Building Slots. (Possibly for Real Money as the Game needs an Income Source in the Future anyways and an Item Shop is usually a good choice for MMOs)

Allow Players to have more than one Character on the Account. (Again Possibly for Real Money)

iiiiiii--Both Options are basicly Legalizing the Behavior. And Integrate them into the Game properly so everyone can Use em Fairly.

Thing is. Both are not really good for an Ingame Economy. After all the entire sense behind these Limits is to make People Trade with each other.

so

Enforce the Rules and Prohibit Multi Accounting.

If Steam Forces the Company to Provide Service for anyone who Buys the Game. Then the Solution is Simple.

Add an PvE Setting Prison Server. Anyone who is caught Multi Accounting or Breaching the Rules will be Force Transferred to this Server.

After all Valve cannot complain if Players that dont obey the Rules are removed from Competetive Online Servers. And as long as they can still play the Game they bought. They have no Legal leverage.

Rule Violators will be moved to that Server for an Set Time based on the Severity of the Violation.

For example. In Case of Multi Accounting all Alt Accounts will be moved there Permanently of course. And a First Offender can Return One of his Accounts back to the Main Server after an Set amount of Time.

1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Allow the Players to Buy additional Building Slots. (Possibly for Real Money as the Game needs an Income Source in the Future anyways and an Item Shop is usually a good choice for MMOs)

Allow Players to have more than one Character on the Account. (Again Possibly for Real Money)

iiiiiii--Both Options are basicly Legalizing the Behavior. And Integrate them into the Game properly so everyone can Use em Fairly.

Thing is. Both are not really good for an Ingame Economy. After all the entire sense behind these Limits is to make People Trade with each other.

so

Enforce the Rules and Prohibit Multi Accounting.

If Steam Forces the Company to Provide Service for anyone who Buys the Game. Then the Solution is Simple.

Add an PvE Setting Prison Server. Anyone who is caught Multi Accounting or Breaching the Rules will be Force Transferred to this Server.

After all Valve cannot complain if Players that dont obey the Rules are removed from Competetive Online Servers. And as long as they can still play the Game they bought. They have no Legal leverage.

Rule Violators will be moved to that Server for an Set Time based on the Severity of the Violation.

For example. In Case of Multi Accounting all Alt Accounts will be moved there Permanently of course. And a First Offender can Return One of his Accounts back to the Main Server after an Set amount of Time.

4,  You read what admin posted .... they only allow one captain per Steam Account  .. its really as simple as that ...

2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

1.  Allow the Players to Buy additional Building Slots. (Possibly for Real Money as the Game needs an Income Source in the Future anyways and an Item Shop is usually a good choice for MMOs)

2. Allow Players to have more than one Character on the Account. (Again Possibly for Real Money)

POTBS allowed multiple accounts and multi boxing: i.e.: the capacity to run multiple versions of the game with various alts at the same time on one machine. Your restriction was what your PC could handle. I could run 4 at the same time. You could do fleet missions by yourself. I had 4 premium accounts and 10 regular free accounts. It was mainly to do with economy slots. I had a self contained empire going. It was all legit though.

I would strongly encourage the Devs to enable buying additional Building slots, like you can buy additional outpost slots or ship slots, but with real money if need be.