Game-Labs Forum

Exploiting physics and Home camera for observation

Ducking my head to avoid getting hit by the stones here.  :lol:

Well I for one am glad he did report it, whether it was timely or not.  I thought this issue had been resolved a while back.  I know in the past my ship has sailed off the edge of the known map, apparently through some invisible gap in the structure, and I got stuck out there.  Thought I would have to TP back to the capital, then found my way back in again through another hole.  This was over near Saint Joseph and it's been a while, but maybe that one still exists.  I can tell you I aint going back there though and taking a chance at getting stuck out there again in the abyss.  ;)

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 2

On 16.7.2017 at 2:14 PM, siZZled1ck said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion

It's not an opinion, it's a long stated demand by the devs: if you find a bug, F11 it. This isn't a matter of opinion or agree/disagree, that is exactly what has been said again and again by the people in charge.

It also doesn't matter that we all know where that is. The point is that the devs need the exact coordinates in the game, which are given to them by the bug report, to properly identify the issue. "Roughly Saint Nicholas" is not good enough.

13 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

It's not an opinion, it's a long stated demand by the devs: if you find a bug, F11 it. This isn't a matter of opinion or agree/disagree, that is exactly what has been said again and again by the people in charge.

It also doesn't matter that we all know where that is. The point is that the devs need the exact coordinates in the game, which are given to them by the bug report, to properly identify the issue. "Roughly Saint Nicholas" is not good enough.

Seeing as the server tracks EVERYTHING... the square fort is in the same place on every server.  It is the same on everyones screen, so you can see by the first screen shot where he is.

You maybe able to repeat it yourself if it bothers you so much.  He is unable to repeat it himself because of time or motivation or just real life reasons.   So he reported it here.

Saying he is wrong because of this is idiotic.  If I were to use that same logic I could say you all are just as bad for looking in this thread and NOT attempting to repeat it yourself and F11ing it.   

So who is more wrong, the one who posted detailed pictures on the issue, or the one who points fingers and does nothing to solve the problem?

6 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I was referring to toms opinion which he even expressed were his thoughts on the matter. Since the start of this post I have been looking for these rules consistently referenced and this post where the Admin politely requests that players use the in game F11 reporting function. So please provide more substantial evidence even a link to these rules. Otherwise drop your semantic driven claim.

Topics will be moderated heavily to stay on the subject. 

if you are reporting in game problems please use F11 report bug function

Format of the topic

In case of the problem

• Problem
  • Why it is a problem
  • What should developers do to fix the problem

When discussing the problem please quote the problem you are referring to"

• Like 1

Just found this one too

Exploits and game breaking bugs.

It is the responsibility of captains to report exploits and game breaking bugs.

If you found something that allows you to receive abnormal amounts of XP, money or goods - please report this by using F11 or on the forum. 

Its ok if you used that bug for testing reasons and reported all cases to us. It is not ok to use the exploits consistently.

Captains with abnormal net wealth will have all their assets removed and in subsequent cases their accounts deleted. "

It's like he understands me. I must say thank you all for your relentless encouragement in my understanding of the game rules.

• Like 1