Game-Labs Forum

Insta port after explosion?

Skully

I honestly hope that this is bug.
This is how explosion should be.

During the exposion:
- you are in abordage (boarding) distance then you take full damage. Masts down, 90% of crew is gone. Armor is down. Structure is down. Ship is taking water fast. You are done.
- you are in close proximity (like on screenshot), you lose masts. You loose at least 50% of crew. Your armor is down a bit, but structure takes at least 75% damage due to explosion wave. But you do still have a chance to fix it and stop taking water.
- If you are a bit further away you might lose a top mast and few crew members
- even further away all you lose is sails HP

Under no circumstances death of the ship should be instant or all 100% crew dead. Especially from this distance.
What happened there the screen was taken 5 second before he blew up. I had pretty much full armor and full crew. Me insta ported when same as mine ship blew up that far away is just stupid.

APTyt3M.png

Edited by koltes

There is two separate issues then on explosions:

1. Insta port, I think you should be able to keep viewing the battle
  2. Damage on the participants

Note that neither of us was bracing. While it would have been a laugh if that made me come out with 1 crew, I think I should be dead regardless. :)

Regarding damage - this is not a bug, all crew was killed. Perhaps brace would help.

Regarding insta port issue - were there other active ships? Once there are no active ships the instance is shut down.

3 hours ago, koltes said:

I honestly hope that this is bug.
This is how explosion should be.

During the exposion:
- you are in abordage (boarding) distance then you take full damage. Masts down, 90% of crew is gone. Armor is down. Structure is down. Ship is taking water fast. You are done.
- you are in close proximity (like on screenshot), you lose masts. You loose at least 50% of crew. Your armor is down a bit, but structure takes at least 75% damage due to explosion wave. But you do still have a chance to fix it and stop taking water.
- If you are a bit further away you might lose a top mast and few crew members
- even further away all you lose is sails HP

Under no circumstances death of the ship should be instant or all 100% crew dead. Especially from this distance.
What happened there the screen was taken 5 second before he blew up. I had pretty much full armor and full crew. Me insta ported when same as mine ship blew up that far away is just stupid.

APTyt3M.png

If you were that close when it detonated no wonder you lost everyone.  You are less than 100m from the explosion.  

I doubt brace would have saved you.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, Ink said:

Regarding damage - this is not a bug, all crew was killed. Perhaps brace would help.

Regarding insta port issue - were there other active ships? Once there are no active ships the instance is shut down.

No active other ships. Would it be possible to add a 30 second timer before the instance closes?

On 7/7/2017 at 7:18 AM, Hodo said:

If you were that close when it detonated no wonder you lost everyone.  You are less than 100m from the explosion.  

I doubt brace would have saved you.

He said the explosion happened ~5 seconds after the screenshot was taken and he's in a hard turn to port. He would've been right alongside (or nearly so) the other vessel when it blew. For sure no chance to survive then :)

• Like 2