Game-Labs Forum

Removing ships for disconnected players

Been in some battles where player disconnects for whatever reason, voluntary and involuntary, and the ship stays there and you have to go back and sink it before being able to end the battle. As a lot can't be upwind, can take a lot of time to go back and finish it, especially for some trips.

I would like to have a timer that removes the player/ship from the battle if disconnected  - say 7 to 10 minutes after this has happened. This should give them time to get back in the game if it was an involuntary disconnect (as happened to me twice yesterday), but not make the battle drag on if they don't want or can't get back in.

Just a thought...

Marik

• Like 1

I suppose that this is twofold. Yes it can be frustrating if somebody disconnects in the battle and you have to sail to their position to finish them off if they do not return. However whenever this has happened to me I have treated it as a training exercise for tacking et cetera as opposed to just sailing dead into the wind like I have seen some people do. Despite testing this game for a few months now I always look at it from a training perspective when things such as this occur. Consider it a ship that has become becalmed and so you must pounce on the opportunity to sink or capture it!

I often find on the first battle of a session I fail to connect and get the NO Responce (sic) error box. When this happens CRTL/ALT/DEL out of game and restart NEVER puts me back into the battle. It seems that you have to first connect tothe battle instance to be able to log out (for whatever reason) and then rejoin the battle by logging back in.