Game-Labs Forum

Renommeé speed freak

Captain Lust

Question

Ahoy captains, i have a very specific question but maybe someone can help. What woods do i need to use to build a renommee that exceeds the speed limit enough to not slow it down below the speed limit of 15 knots with hold loaded? I will use speed upgrades like copper plating and gazelle figurehead too of course. I don't like to use fir or bermuda but i will if i have to. Any suggestions? A very fast renomme that can still take a fight was what i had in mind...

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, rownd said:

I got copper plating from an AI lynx day after the wipe

ah alright thx

I've looted at least 30 npc ships, never gotten anything decent out of it.

I hate RNG, especially for something as significant as upgrades like copper plating

• Like 2

I got the elevation screws and pleasure hammocks or whatever it is from a cutter yesterday.  I have to sink over 50 lynx/cutter/privateer and trader brig type ships to get one of these oddities. 

edit: speak of the devil, the next battle I get a skill book off a lynx.  No idea how to use it, but there it is.

Edited by rownd

19 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

I believe the Devs said that 15 knts was max (battle instance) for any ship...no matter what is stacked.

Aye but the more additional speed than 15 knots you have, the bigger the 'range' in which you can do 15 knots should be

at least in theory?