Game-Labs Forum

Fish slapped - post your worthless loot pics here

** Edit: Fish slapping begins a few posts down **

So, I had high hopes for the wipe.

They were dashed.

What I'm seeing now is a mindless boring grind for money.  8 hours of playing and I'm still, relatively speaking, broke with only one outpost and still in a noob cutter.  NPC loot SUCKS.  I spend 20 minutes pounding the ass of a TSnow and what do I get?  Nothing.  Or worse than nothing, a token screw you 45 salt or 20 fir logs. Seriously?  This is my reward?  10 traders capped... junk for loot. Absolute junk.  When the money you get for sinking the trader is worth more than what's in the cargo hold, what's the point of being a pirate?  I feel more like a McDonalds employee on minimum wage rather than a pirate.

And not being able to cap NPC's?  Right. What's the point of risking your ship taking on a combat ship if you don't get shit for it?

PVP marks?  Are you kidding me?  I need to kill HOW MANY PLAYERS to get enough for a boarding ladder?  I don't get to play all the time like some, oh wait, the devs know that because they took officers out, so how in the hell am I supposed to get the HUNDREDS of PVP marks it'll take to make my ship as good as the ones I had before the wipe?

And what the hell is this shit?  I lose my ship out in the Bahamas and the game dumps me onto the Florida coast?  So now I have to spend the next 30+ minutes sailing back to WHERE I HAVE AN OUTPOST????  Grind.

If I wanted a grind I'd go play WoW.

This game was fun.  Now... I'm already bored and pissed off.

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

8 hours and still in a cutter;  I think you're doing something wrong

Ya, obviously.  SInce before I could craft the ships I wanted and now, I can't even afford to get the iron out of my mine, then obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Oh wait, I could buy one from the shop NPC's.  That would be about 1/4 the price it would cost me to craft one. Good idea.  *cough*

1 minute ago, Fengist said:

Ya, obviously.  SInce before I could craft the ships I wanted and now, I can't even afford to get the iron out of my mine, then obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Oh wait, I could buy one from the shop NPC's.  That would be about 1/4 the price it would cost me to craft one. Good idea.  *cough*

I agree first few steps are tough, but once you can afford cannons for the indefatig (I used 12s and 9s meds), you can solo 400 xp fleet missions, 20 minutes per, 50-65k each. do a bunch of those, will have enough gold for buildings.
Also, ships being sold by npc in shops may be cheap but they're also mosty crap.
Crafting a decent surp will take about 50-75k in mats cost, thats not too bad.

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

I agree first few steps are tough, but once you can afford cannons for the indefatig (I used 12s and 9s meds), you can solo 400 xp fleet missions, 20 minutes per, 50-65k each. do a bunch of those, will have enough gold for buildings.
Also, ships being sold by npc in shops may be cheap but they're also mosty crap.
Crafting a decent surp will take about 50-75k in mats cost, thats not too bad.

LOL, you're still thinking like before the wipe.

A shipyard costs 100,000... I make 3k for taking out a trader

10k for an outpost

and, get this, 30k for a dozen long 4lb guns just for my cutter.

So how many traders am I gonna need to sink???

Your estimate wouldn't even cover the cost of guns for that ship.

And right now, a Surprise is the largest thing I can sail.

Oh, and let's not forget the 150,000 plus 1000 oak logs, 500 stone blocks and 100 iron fittings I'll need for the workshop... right?

Let me rephrase this:

You expect me to pay for all that, plus the crew it'll take to sail it and THIS is what I get for loot after wasting 20 minutes of my time?????

Right.  That's not loot, that's being fish slapped.

23ED7DD4A31B12044209BE674D782A53FC5EBA8A

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fengist said:

** Edit: Fish slapping begins a few posts down **

So, I had high hopes for the wipe.

They were dashed.

What I'm seeing now is a mindless boring grind for money.  8 hours of playing and I'm still, relatively speaking, broke with only one outpost and still in a noob cutter.  NPC loot SUCKS.  I spend 20 minutes pounding the ass of a TSnow and what do I get?  Nothing.  Or worse than nothing, a token screw you 45 salt or 20 fir logs. Seriously?  This is my reward?  10 traders capped... junk for loot. Absolute junk.  When the money you get for sinking the trader is worth more than what's in the cargo hold, what's the point of being a pirate?  I feel more like a McDonalds employee on minimum wage rather than a pirate.

And not being able to cap NPC's?  Right. What's the point of risking your ship taking on a combat ship if you don't get shit for it?

PVP marks?  Are you kidding me?  I need to kill HOW MANY PLAYERS to get enough for a boarding ladder?  I don't get to play all the time like some, oh wait, the devs know that because they took officers out, so how in the hell am I supposed to get the HUNDREDS of PVP marks it'll take to make my ship as good as the ones I had before the wipe?

And what the hell is this shit?  I lose my ship out in the Bahamas and the game dumps me onto the Florida coast?  So now I have to spend the next 30+ minutes sailing back to WHERE I HAVE AN OUTPOST????  Grind.

If I wanted a grind I'd go play WoW.

This game was fun.  Now... I'm already bored and pissed off.

What I don't get is why even bother having the NPC traders? - No trader in the world would leave port with a hold practically empty - the reason is self-explanatory. So why not just get rid of them.

If I were u I'd get into the Tbrig and start making easy money. Low risk, high reward and afk sailing for the win - great update!

9 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

What I don't get is why even bother having the NPC traders? - No trader in the world would leave port with a hold practically empty - the reason is self-explanatory. So why not just get rid of them.

If I were u I'd get into the Tbrig and start making easy money. Low risk, high reward and afk sailing for the win - great update!

Now see if everyone thought like you, I wouldn't have to waste my time and energy on worthless npc's.  I'd be out all day picking that low hanging fruit in a snow and giggling my ass off.

No, that part of the game, capping npc ships and decent loot, that I wish they'd left alone.

Edited by Fengist

2 minutes ago, Fengist said:

Now see if everyone thought like you, I wouldn't have to waste my time and energy on worthless npc's.  I'd be out all day picking that low hanging fruit in a snow and giggling my ass off.

lol problem for me is... everyone is.. nothing to trade anymore and let's face it - the cutter missions gets boring as hell..

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

lol problem for me is... everyone is.. nothing to trade anymore and let's face it - the cutter missions gets boring as hell..

lol, guy above told me to fit my indef and do missions.  It would take almost 100k just to buy the guns for that thing.  And then... same diff, boring ass missions.  I like OW.  I belong there.  Gimme some damned loot instead of fish slapping me.

Hell, the nerfed missions so people would go OW then they nerfed loot so there's no reason to go OW.

Before this I was making 30k on a decent trader.  Now I'm damned lucky to make 10k. More like 5.  And now I have all these added expenses... workshop shipyard....

Edited by Fengist

18 minutes ago, Fengist said:

lol, guy above told me to fit my indef and do missions.  It would take almost 100k just to buy the guns for that thing.  And then... same diff, boring ass missions.  I like OW.  I belong there.  Gimme some damned loot instead of fish slapping me.

Hell, the nerfed missions so people would go OW then they nerfed loot so there's no reason to go OW.

Before this I was making 30k on a decent trader.  Now I'm damned lucky to make 10k. More like 5.  And now I have all these added expenses... workshop shipyard....

I feel the pain mate..

Just informed my clan that until this loot gets fixed, I'm done.  I'm not gonna play a game where I spend days grinding and barely have shit to show for it.  And I'm not going to be forced into stupid, pointless pve missions just to make money or get things worth having.

I'll read the patch notes and should loot get fixed, I'll come back.  Otherwise, fair winds.

Seems to me the Devs have just made an EvE online clone here, grind yer butt off to get a half decent ship, then grind yer butt off a load more to get the guns to equip the bugger, then sail off into the wild blue briny to earn PVP marks to be able to by skill books......and run the risk of perma deth on your pride and joy ( plus the cannon, which cost you a shit load of hours to earn the dosh for) maybe I need to start complying and go to the PVP gank fest, another gripe I have is the durability, there was nothing wrong with the way it was set up before the wipe, I know a lot of peeps will disagree, and quote the "realism" clause, to which I say, it is only partially realistic, if it were really realistic, then we would have a navigation system that worked, not just a blank map and a near useless compass. Also, making it so to be able to capture ships you have to have a "fleet" perk enabled.....why ? that is ridiculous, if you capture a ship why should you have to sacrifice another ship if you dont have the fleet perk enabled, bloody stupid if ya ask me, as for the trading side of things, that is something that has always been messed up, so no change there they have managed to replicate that particular clusterhello kitty admriably. The only real difference I have seen since the wipe, is that I dont have all the free ships that were graciously donated to we the player base , which in the great scheme of things is not too dreadful, just a little annoying, xp and crafting skill has been retained.....for what reason I do not know, as you cant utilise those for a fgood while as you cant afford a shipyard or workshop in the first place , you may have just as well done a complete reset of EVERYONES stats back to zero, other than those issues, I see bugger all difference in the game than before the wipe, so pray, other than removing most of the stuff that was there before, what was the point of the wipe, as to my mind it has achieved the sum total of hello kitty all improvement or innovation.

I've had a few days off and ground like mad.  Today FINALLY finished  in the Pickle getting all 5 slots unlocked. Next up... a brig, then snow, then cerb, then frigate then finally to a beautiful Essex sometime in August.