Game-Labs Forum

Do you manually plot your moves or just click on a spot

Hobo

As a general rule I just click on a spot, but when hard pressed for time I may try to route a road path, usually more for supply wagons and cannons (they are slow anyway) especially in a major fall back of entire forces. (can't be losing cannons and wagons just cause I need to get out of the area) 

I will draw out maneuvers specifically for flanking. It helps avoid any flanking damage on the unit while it maneuvers into place, letting them approach on a good angle to fire. 

I also will draw out orders so units will follow paths. Great way to get reinforcements to where they are needed sooner. 

I think where it truly shines is with cavalry. 

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

As a general rule I just click on a spot, but when hard pressed for time I may try to route a road path, usually more for supply wagons and cannons (they are slow anyway) especially in a major fall back of entire forces. (can't be losing cannons and wagons just cause I need to get out of the area) 

Same. I would love it if roads were somewhat magnetic so units stick to them more and so we didn't need to do this.

For initial units I will probably just click a spot because unless you are taking a very forward position you can just run and they'll get to where they need to go before the enemy gets there. For second wave reinforcements I will probably draw routes because I need them ASAP and I need to make sure they stick to non-forest paths.

2 hours ago, CaptainKanundrum said:

I hand draw almost all of the orders. It get units places faster and has a more "that's right I'm the general" feel to it.

"But general, why are we walking in the river?"

"But general, why are we walking in circles?"

Me: That's right, cuz I'm the general 

• Like 2