Game-Labs Forum

Please add more random officer names to campaign!

ross42899

During campaign I noticed that there is not  much variance in officer names. Some names often appear twice or even three times in the officer's pool in one campaign. For example in one Union campaign I had three officers who were called "Schirmer" and two who were callled "Lilley". In another cmapaign I had three "Custers" available. While they do have different first names, it can get very confusing nonetheless, as usually only their last name is displayed.

It would be nice if more names could be added or if at least the same name doesn't appear more than twice in your officer's pool.

• Like 1

Also the fully proper names of other's including nicknames when that character reaches a certain command ability. I.e., Instead of Robert Lee, it has always been written in histories Robert E. Lee, another example of nick-names Stonewall Jackson.

Also would like the ability to rename Divisions.

1 hour ago, Pandemonium said:

I've run across the same. I'm sure there is an easy way to increase the pool of names.

They've expanded the pool by sharing it for both union and rebels. An unfortunate compromise imo. I don't like seeing historically federal officers leading rebel brigades (et vice versa).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralPITA said:

They've expanded the pool by sharing it for both union and rebels. An unfortunate compromise imo. I don't like seeing historically federal officers leading rebel brigades (et vice versa).

Interesting alternate history if Lee accepted Lincoln's offer to lead Union army xD. I don't mind it so much however-- I believe it is limited to lower tiers of leaders.

Edited by Zwerty99
  • Like 1

It's not very difficult to find the names, it's just tedious as hell and takes a truly annal-minded individual (read genius,) to compile information like that and then be able to write code to cover so many sub-organizations found in military units that suffered the attrition rates seen in the ACW. 

Edited by A. P. Hill

Just for a name generator, one could look at the graduating class lists of West Point and all the private military academies, the 1860 social registers or equivalents, and other lists of gentlefolk likely to be obliged to join the war on one side or the other.