Game-Labs Forum

Limit ship introduction after the wipe

When the games goes full release, limit the ships available at the start of the release, and as time progresses, gradually add more and more of the ships to give a gradual increase in the firepower and speed for the ships introduced later.

At the beginning, no 1st or 2nd rates, no ag;s wapen's, endy's, indiamans or heavy rattles.  Just an assortment of vanilla ships - then every few weeks introduce new ships.

This will give new players starting more chance, and limit how quickly anyone or any nation can become dominant.

• Like 1

I don't want to see rewards from the first port battles giving ships or BP's for H Rattles and Ags, - ships that will be significantly superior to anything else.  It might take some time to get aggression to 100% using navy brigs and snows, but it would be sad to see the winners of the first PB getting ships, and especially BP's, that make that nation dominant and essentially invincible.

• Like 3

SoLs (3rd-1st rates) should be built and appointed by the Admiralty only. Player donations to the Admiralty should be required for them to be built. And the only way players can have SoLs appointed to them is by the new Honor/Valor system and that the player be of rank for it. They also should not be tradable, nor sellable. IMHO

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I don't want to see rewards from the first port battles giving ships or BP's for H Rattles and Ags, - ships that will be significantly superior to anything else.  It might take some time to get aggression to 100% using navy brigs and snows, but it would be sad to see the winners of the first PB getting ships, and especially BP's, that make that nation dominant and essentially invincible.

Yah they can keep the paint chest, but the rewards need to be reworked for them. I think with the admirality thing that might come soon.  Giving ships right now I think they are doing to flood the game with the rare ships until they do the ship crafting wipe.   We where just wondering what they will do with the redeemable ships we ahve when they do that.  Really wish more info would come out.  

Frankly I do not mind if they do a clean wipe of everyone rank and gold when final release is made. Excluding crafting. A few redeem ships for people that have played through alpha and possibly a special ship to start out with much like the Yacht. That way everyone including new players joining NA for the first time have a more even footing with the alpha players. Not getting gank right away by people in ships three to six rates higher.

• Like 2

You guys have realised we are in alpha/beta right! In every other beta iv played the crafting requirements in game launch double if not triple.

Afterall what's the point testing ships no1 can craft.

It's easy now I have no doubt it's going to get bloody hard on launch

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, monk33y said:

You guys have realised we are in alpha/beta right! In every other beta iv played the crafting requirements in game launch double if not triple.

Afterall what's the point testing ships no1 can craft.

It's easy now I have no doubt it's going to get bloody hard on launch

That is what I assume as well but they have made no indication of doing what is typical for a alpha/beta to full release transition. 

• Like 1