Game-Labs Forum

Dlc plans?

Nox165

I could be wrong, but I doubt Game-Labs will do DLC anytime soon. Nick comes from a Total War modding background, which I would guess leaves him with a bad taste in his mouth towards DLC. In case you aren't familiar, TW would release a half-done game, then proceed to charge for features/factions/story modes that should've been in the game to begin with. I think the goal is to make the game "complete" the first time around. Again, this is mostly conjecture based on past experience, but just my two cents. 

For what it's worth, I think that the final game will have a significant number of battles. Probably close to 30 for both sides!

• Like 1

Gotta say I have really come to enjoy games that stay away from DLCs lately. Pay once and get a full game - feels like 1998...
 Also the last game to actually deserve the money for its DLCs was Witcher 3. Quite frankly most companies these days use DLCs as quick money grabs with little actual content perverting the memory of what once used to be called addons.

I hope that once this game is over Nick will turn his attention towards the European theatre with a Napoleon version of this game and maybe even a free campaign similar to the Europa Universalis/Total War games. Combining the battle mechanics with an outside campaign would be awesome ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Mercanto said:

Let's let them finish the base game as promised, first :P

I was thinking the same thing.  This is like on NA and folks all ready talking about what features NA2 should have.  Shouldn't they finish the first one before you even start to talk about a second one?  I can see maybe them adding some more content later with more battles an side missions.  

I still think that once the ai is hammered out, it would go a long way letting others do modding, battles, etc. Not that I would want to play anything different, but I know there are true dedicated CW buffs who could really put the attention to detail and between Game Labs and modders, could have HUNDREDS of skirmishes/battles.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 3:41 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was thinking the same thing.  This is like on NA and folks all ready talking about what features NA2 should have.  Shouldn't they finish the first one before you even start to talk about a second one?  I can see maybe them adding some more content later with more battles an side missions.  

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think that's the OP's intent. I actually would love to see UG:CW have DLC, simply so I can give Nick and the Dev's more money for their work.

DLCs are a cancer, and everyone who supports them should stay away from gaming, do something else instead.

Release a polished complete game, once, dont release crap, and cut it to pieces, then sell it in pieces. Nox165 I would say you are brain dead, but in your case, that would be a compliment. Game is not out yet, and you are already asking for DLCs? No wonder gaming industry has changed over the years, people like you are one of the reasons that happened, and is still happening.

1 hour ago, Perkon said:

DLCs are a cancer, and everyone who supports them should stay away from gaming, do something else instead.

Release a polished complete game, once, dont release crap, and cut it to pieces, then sell it in pieces. Nox165 I would say you are brain dead, but in your case, that would be a compliment. Game is not out yet, and you are already asking for DLCs? No wonder gaming industry has changed over the years, people like you are one of the reasons that happened, and is still happening.

I agree that talking about DLC's now is a little.. early, yes.

There can be a difference in DLC though.. what TW is doing is not appreciated by many, as you say cutting out pieces of it like factions and selling them as extra value.. somehow.. That's just silly.

If it's new campaigns however, as "good" DLC could be, it's different. There are a few extra campaigns in Attila for example to be bought and played, those are quite nice DLC though I haven't bought it yet.

In this game, the good DLC could be an extra western campaign f.x.

• Like 1