Game-Labs Forum

My idea was about to add another gamemode seperately to the open world similar to what the game was like at Beta, because most of us are only interested in battle. What do I mean? Like when you enter the PVP2 server you will get to have two choises: campaign and battle. Campaign will be the open world as it is but battle will be the new system -no open world- and ranks but this won't be working by unlocking more crew space but by unlocking new SHIPS which you no more can lose! You won't can use those unlocked ships in the OW only in this seperate mode. Also you WILL(or will not) get some points which would be used in the campaign mode i.e. for money or exp but at just a little amount. I suggest to keep the same battle system without any perks or even upgrades for the raw strategy experience. Of course battles and duels will be removed from the campaign mode. The players will choose if they want a small or large battle and after that when a number of players is reached they will begin to vote quickly if they want an open sea battle or port battle(a random port will be chosen and the players will be given two minutes to plan their defence or attack). I recommend Trafalgar to remain the same(Including the time at which players can join).  Moreover, players will join a lobby with criteria their ship's Battle Rating AND rank so it will be unlikely for newbies to face off a legend-troll and battles will be more interesting. I forgot to mention that levels will have a limit(the largest ship in game). 

I think this is a great idea for casual players to get back into the game, including me, and for battle-focused captains. Also this will solve the grind lots of guys are complaining for and it won't require the time of a full job.

Maybe the lack of this has something to do with the fact that we dont want another lobby game? We are testing the game with a OW mechanic and freedom of sailing the Caribbean Sea. We are not here to just please our selves. Lobby matches were great to test fights. Not everything perfect with OW mechanics and instead of backing off and step back lets focus to improve what we are working on.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2017 at 7:12 AM, koltes said:

Maybe the lack of this has something to do with the fact that we dont want another lobby game? We are testing the game with a OW mechanic and freedom of sailing the Caribbean Sea. We are not here to just please our selves. Lobby matches were great to test fights. Not everything perfect with OW mechanics and instead of backing off and step back lets focus to improve what we are working on.

"We" means you? I guess you speak for yourself? I dont mind an OW game but this game is silly. No easy access to large battles for normal players. Too heavy clan-stuff. Too clumsy ROE and too little game design leaning toward a FUN game. Simulator freaks in here even think theres too many ships, too much PvP, too many SOLs and too short distances. Its nuts! 

Any and all game designers would leave THOSE guys and make a game for a broader audience. Not THAT many players like an age of sail game. Its a lot of effort to make a nerdy OW for 50+ players or so.... Please fix ROE and make the PvP server a PvP server again. Make this game good to play for the players that like to participate in large battles and the Nelson style gameplay. After all the end goal is a 1st rate. Why not make it easy to use these? 

15 hours ago, fox2run said:

"We" means you? I guess you speak for yourself? I dont mind an OW game but this game is silly. No easy access to large battles for normal players. Too heavy clan-stuff. Too clumsy ROE and too little game design leaning toward a FUN game. Simulator freaks in here even think theres too many ships, too much PvP, too many SOLs and too short distances. Its nuts! 

Any and all game designers would leave THOSE guys and make a game for a broader audience. Not THAT many players like an age of sail game. Its a lot of effort to make a nerdy OW for 50+ players or so.... Please fix ROE and make the PvP server a PvP server again. Make this game good to play for the players that like to participate in large battles and the Nelson style gameplay. After all the end goal is a 1st rate. Why not make it easy to use these? 

Some of use don't care for 1st rates and they don't need to be the end game.  I will leave this game if it becomes a lobby WoWs style game.   I have enough of those with WoT and other games.  I came here for the OW sandbox game play.  Though I do agree they need to stop doing things to support the PvE carebear players and start listening to us PvPers.

• Like 3