Game-Labs Forum

Random poll on Ranks, Resources, Rarities, Reworks, etc

Random poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the direction of the game? (Choose your most important 3)

• No
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework RvR
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework PvP
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework Port Battles
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework RoE
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework crafting
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework ranks
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework Alliances/Politics
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework Pirates
    • Somewhat, but they need to rework Economy/Trading
    • Yes, just let the devs keep delivering
  2. 2. Should SoLs (1st - 3rd rates) be more rare?

• No
    • Somewhat, based on captain rank being able to sail them
    • Somewhat, based on crafting materials being slightly rare
    • Somewhat, based on both previous answers (rank and rare resources)
    • Yes, a complete rework is needed
  3. 3. Should fine woods come back for SoLs only?

• No
    • Yes, but do not make fine wood buildings
    • Yes, and make each fine wood buildings
    • Yes, but make a fine wood conversion building that converts any wood type into fine
    • Yes, and/or some other sugestion
  4. 4. Should we be allowed more production buildings?

• No
    • Yes
  5. 5. Should PvP Events be reworked? (Multiple choice)

• No
    • Yes, enforce a BR balance
    • Yes, enforce a numbers per team balance
    • Yes, remove all alliance tags in event area so nations can fight each other even if allied
    • Yes, remove all nation tags from players so it is a complete free-for-all
    • Yes, some other suggestions
  6. 6. Should we be allowed more Outposts?

• No
    • Yes, +1
    • Yes, +2
    • Yes, +3
    • Yes, +4 or more
  7. 7. Should we be able to craft paint schemes? (Multiple choice)

• No
    • Yes, separate from ship crafting process
    • Yes, during the ship crafting process
    • Yes, and require certain resources to craft them
    • Yes, and allow the paint scheme applicable to any ship
  8. 8. Do Alliances/Politics need reworked? (Multiple choice)

• No
    • Yes, get rid of alliances completely
    • Yes, allow players to use all of their votes however they choose
    • Yes, same as above and include alliances being shortened if players vote against current alliances
    • Yes, somehow prevent alliances between hugely populated nations
  9. 9. Should Pirates be allowed alliances?

• No
    • Yes
  10. 10. Should Pirates be allowed to enter Port Battles on any side of other nations?

• No
    • Yes

This is a poll asking what players would prefer in the game. It's a bunch of random questions I've seen lots of talk about in game and on the forums. I might have missed some, and not made all possible answers, but you get the gist. Hopefully devs will see what players want focused on.

If you have suggestions not listed as answers, please respond with the question number and add your suggestion.

EDIT: Please share this link in game. ty

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

This is a very well put together survey.  I hope it gets a lot of feedback!

Thank you, I've compiled suggestions from the thread. I might have missed some. I also was maxed out on the number of questions so couldn't get well enough in depth, but it should help.

IMO, pirate rework & rvr rework are most needed. Somehow ports need to have importance for nationals. Regional bonuses started to do this. Maybe there should also be maitenance costs for port upkeep? I'm in the minority, so far, believing SOLs should be more rare and paints should not be craftable. 

Edit

I guess I'm in the majority w/ SOLs 

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 2

I would like the devs to consult the log (if it exists) of port battles on PvP2. To see how few they are, and how few disputed they are due to faction imbalance. RvR is dead since the PvE grinding patch, I wish they could take some decisions about it. (balance alliances, rework grinding or merge servs)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

IMO, pirate rework & rvr rework are most needed. Somehow ports need to have importance for nationals. Regional bonuses started to do this. Maybe there should also be maitenance costs for port upkeep? I'm in the minority, so far, believing SOLs should be more rare and paints should not be craftable. 

Edit

I guess I'm in the majority w/ SOLs 

RAIDS  take pirates out of the silly National RvR thing and give us Raids kinda like the old flag systems but worked better and only keep the ports for like 3 days.  This can be used for other nations to gain hostitlity too.  Small nations can hire us out to go raid a larger nation or nations as we can be pitting each side against each other.  Just give us some perm ports spread out all over the place (the free ports work) and make Kidds/Mort our homes.  And maybe only places we can craft ships at is Kidds or a port we raided at.

7 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Maybe for PVP events -- move them to the small/large battles. Ow PVP event circle seems so arena-ish. Although I would like to see points & a store for any OW PVP victority (maybe no points if overwhelming BR).

I'm against this cause it will take PvP away from the OW where it needs to be.  Not in some silly duel room are small/large battles.

7 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Admin had suggested using the PvP event mechanics as screening zones for port battles.  I think that's a perfect way to use them.  I know a PvP currency is on the development planner already.

The rewards we get from PB are the same so I wouldn't be surpise if they do something like this.  It would get folks to actually fight and go to war more if it wasn't just some silly event in the middle of some where but instead is part of the agro for a port battles.   The missions aren't open long enough, but I think folks that help flip a port or stop it through PvP need a bigger incentive cause the PvE grind is running PvP players away.

10 minutes ago, Pelennor said:

I would like the devs to consult the log (if it exists) of port battles on PvP2. To see how few they are, and how few disputed they are due to faction imbalance. RvR is dead since the PvE grinding patch, I wish they could take some decisions about it. (balance alliances, rework grinding or merge servs)

And I hate to admit this, just how many of those numbers where actually one player a few players using more than one alts to fill numbers.  I know more than one nation has done this.   Hell just give us a count of the number of votes each time for each nations so we know how many players are in each nation (alts and all) that are active.  I'm getting sick of folks saying Pirates are the biggest nation when in fact we never was.  That has all ways been Us and Brits honor and still is.

Crafting paint schemes is a great idea! I think they should be available for all ships, it would help newcomers get excited about the game.  I'd love to see customizable schemes as well where we could choose colors for the hull, sails, railings, etc. and create our own schemes for sale/trade as well as use on our ships.

• Like 1

One problem I have with some of these questions (and players in general) is when asked if they want "more" of something, they'll pretty much always say yes.  "You want more xp?" - yes.  "Gold" - yes.  "You want more outposts?" - Yes. "More production buildings?" - Yes.  Personally, I like games that require a player to make choices, sometimes hard ones, versus games that make it easy.  Other than that opinion, its a decent poll.

• Like 3