Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] PvP Event Weekends

van der Clam

[PvP2] PvP Event Most Interested In  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which PvP Event area do you want the special events?

• Shallow
    • Deep
    • Either, does not matter which
    • Both Shallow and Deep, just alternate which is sponsored

CALLING ALL CAPTAINS! Streamers and recorders welcomed! This poll is to see which event most people are interested in. I am hoping to see huge participation from all nations and provide captains with rewards for completing specific goals, courtesy of yours truly. The event will be either Friday or Saturday nights, the last event of the evening, depending on which event most people vote for.
Possible goals:

• Capture a certain ship with a certain ship
  • Capture/Kill a certain player
  • Most kills when out-numbered
  • Out-gunned, but not out-sailed (killing larger ship)
  • Lone survivor (last one alive from losing team)
  • Possibly others with suggestions

Possible rewards:

• Ship paints
  • Ship notes
  • Gold
  • Materials
  • Name recognition on this leaderboard :)

To receive any rewards, it is required to post screenshots. Please respond with any suggestions. This all would go much better if all political alliances were removed in event circles (to devs: hint, hint; but also to those voting for alliances).

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, koiz said:

As I asked... Can you add an option for both. 

Both types are good, you don't want to limit the PVP events to just deep or shallow. They need to be anywhere in the world. 

Edited poll. I expect them to be in the event circles, as my rewards are aimed for both winning and losing sides; plus I'm sure most people would want the ability to get the game's event prizes anyway for making top 10.

Edited by van der Decken

4 hours ago, van der Decken said:
  • Capture a certain ship with a certain ship
  • Capture/Kill a certain player
  • Most kills when out-numbered
  • Out-gunned, but not out-sailed (killing larger ship)
  • Lone survivor (last one alive from losing team)
  • Possibly others with suggestions

Good idea! About time we start organizing something on PVP2 lol
As for the fight itself I would prefer to have duel battles in various ships.
1st battle is in 5th rate. If you win you fight next round on 4th rate with another winner, then 3rd, then 2nd then 1st rate.
Set rules for the ships. Rules for the fight etc and let people just fight.
Participation is 1mil gold. Allow other players to place wager on each round. Do 1 round a week. Announce winners for the next wound.
Good luck :)

1 minute ago, koltes said:

Good idea! About time we start organizing something on PVP2 lol
As for the fight itself I would prefer to have duel battles in various ships.
1st battle is in 5th rate. If you win you fight next round on 4th rate with another winner, then 3rd, then 2nd then 1st rate.
Set rules for the ships. Rules for the fight etc and let people just fight.
Participation is 1mil gold. Allow other players to place wager on each round. Do 1 round a week. Announce winners for the next wound.
Good luck :)

Sounds like you need to start a new post and sponsor this! :)

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

Sounds like you need to start a new post and sponsor this! :)

We actually been talking about trying to get a tournament up and going on PvP2, but every time we start to get numbers back something new push more players away.   

I voted shallow waters cause DEEP WATER tends to be very hard to get a balance of BR in them.    I really wished they limited the event to 4th rates and below.   SOL's need to be keep to your hostility grinding and Lineship Port battles.  Than again that is just my opion and I know folks only want to fight in the biggest ship they can.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We actually been talking about trying to get a tournament up and going on PvP2, but every time we start to get numbers back something new push more players away.   

I voted shallow waters cause DEEP WATER tends to be very hard to get a balance of BR in them.    I really wished they limited the event to 4th rates and below.   SOL's need to be keep to your hostility grinding and Lineship Port battles.  Than again that is just my opion and I know folks only want to fight in the biggest ship they can.

My rewards are primarily aimed to the losing side...compensations...and the rewards won't be cheap :) Gather everyone you can and we can make a good fun war of it.
Or, maybe we should go with Koltes's idea in the duel with a tournament style....We will see.

Its a bit weird to see a transformation from "open MMO" called sandbox to something like a wot. Because devs don't know what the want to achieve calling it a "testing".

To be honest I miss the sandbox spirit...

I still play eve and no its not like a eve, its not even close to this game mechanic...

Edited by Rychu Karas