Game-Labs Forum

Dev's please tell us about raids, fill in the picture

So in the last few months, lots of changes, regions, hostility and now land in PB's with PvP zones in and out and better rewards. For me it is shaping up. Bugs, balance all need sorting as one would expect in an alpha. But its hard to see the full picture. We are often presented with a 3 legged horse...which kinda doesn't seem to be right to trot around on.

How/what are raids and how do they fit in with regions, ports etc ?

• Like 8

And will pirates ever get there own mechanics over Nationals and if so is it something to do with the raid system?   Would love for us to not be part of the conquest system and have or own raid system.    Either way I think a lot of us want to know more about the raid system as the current grind is running off PvPer's cause we don't want to spend several hours to grind for a battle several days later.  Sad that you have to have PvP events to get PvP in game pretty much. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And will pirates ever get there own mechanics over Nationals and if so is it something to do with the raid system?   Would love for us to not be part of the conquest system and have or own raid system.    Either way I think a lot of us want to know more about the raid system as the current grind is running off PvPer's cause we don't want to spend several hours to grind for a battle several days later.  Sad that you have to have PvP events to get PvP in game pretty much. 

The devs have explained (on numerous occasions) that pirates are getting an overhaul AFTER the nations, diplomacy and (as I recall) the econ/craft system is done. At this current rate of development it's gonna be pretty far into 2017..

6 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

The devs have explained (on numerous occasions) that pirates are getting an overhaul AFTER the nations, diplomacy and (as I recall) the econ/craft system is done. At this current rate of development it's gonna be pretty far into 2017..

Which pretty much measn never.  Wasn't the game suppose to be released in Jan/Feb 2017?   To be honest they need to just make us a Nation or get us something so we aren't a nation.  I'm sorry they have not said over and over.  They said very little of anything.  Would be nice to know what some of those so call plans are though.   Until than we are a bastard nation that can't have alliances with and that every one is at war with.

• Like 1

I didnt think pirates were getting anything until a long time after launch!

Iv made many posts/comments on raiding to help aid rvr and hostility 

Let's use the other ports in a region for raiding. Owed raided ports give a hostility bonus etc. 

**edit** to stop redman attacking me I now have to state the following- my comments are my own and not a sponsored British or toxic public announcement. 

Edited by monk33y

Many many snips of ideas have been thrown at regarding the raids and especially how to work something out other than flags. The Devs delivered it so far and fused all the ideas. The raids have been pointed out since a long time ago, tied to conquest and not at all, and even been suggested to be part of a conquest campaign with its own victory points. How the devs will entwine all of our suggestions is not known but for sure the more globally interesting ideas shall be put in.

I can understand why many ideas are not coded in though. They disrupt the whole in favour of one group. So it is often advisable to review the suggestions we design and see how it works with all playstyles or how it can provoke unnecessary attrition.

This being said raids should be one thing only but, regarding their timely use, work during a conquest window or simply be a way to undermine defenses, steal property, loot resources, and other similar appropriate raiding stuff. Raids must be annoying but not an end in itself regarding Conquest.

• Like 2

If I could dream a dream of raids it would be :

Raids can be done independently of county capture by pirate SCUM as a way of getting loot. They would be similar to pulling a flag (as in notice and time buffer) and would generate loot for the pirates if victorious and be defended by AI if no players turned up. So x AI replaced by players or some such. A port that has been raided would have a messed up market, very high demand for some stuff, very low/no supply.

Raids can also generate hostility (20% or some such, perhaps based on number of ports in the county, so raiding all would result in flipping the port) and again would be akin to pulling a flag and essentially instigating a PvP Event of some description. I would like to see regional captials have OP fort defences that are diminished proportionately to the number of ports raided.

If could dream a dream that is.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

Agree 100% with Jeheil on this one. We absolutely need a return of something like the old flag system and instant raid scheduling.  I don't see why this wasn't implemented to test the current land in port battles? Make the price exorbitant, it could reduce some of the inflation we currently have going on, and just have it so nations can only have one raid scheduled at a time. The rest of the mechanics could be identical without region flipping occurring after the battle.

Dare I say that this could completely replace the silly hostility missions we currently have?  Sailing around for two hours trying to find a hostility raising fleet is dumb, especially when said fleet can teleport instantly back to the nearest free port to pull another mission after their battle, which now closes too early even if you do find it.

Don't forget the timer closes after 5 mins instead of 15 mins now so your chance of finding those fleets as almost as a good as playing the lotto.

There is currently nothing in-game to test. Pirates cannot take part in diplomacy.. so that's out.... pirates cannot take part in port battles.. so that's out...

Please devs, give us something to test.... haven't logged in in awhile and I don't see myself logging in till you give us something to do other than log in and do econ once a week.

• Like 1