Game-Labs Forum

Lost Ship From Tow:

Yar Matey

A friend of mine lent me a common 1 durability Indiaman trade ship.  I then sent it into tow to Pedernales, but the ship simply vanished.  I did issue a bug report the next day when I noticed the ship never reached its destination.  Also, I sent 2 ships to that port the same day, one was the missing Indiaman and the other was a Le Gros Ventre.  I am not sure if sending multiple ships in tow to the same port is causing this issue. 

One thing that happened to me was that I towed a ship to a port that could take only one more ship. Then forgetting I sent one, I sailed a ship to that same port. I could see that scrolling all the way to the right in the ship list, it showed the ship in tow, but the next day it never showed up after the server reboot. So I move one of the ships to fleet. Then after the 2nd day server reboot, the ship showed up.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

One thing that happened to me was that I towed a ship to a port that could take only one more ship. Then forgetting I sent one, I sailed a ship to that same port. I could see that scrolling all the way to the right in the ship list, it showed the ship in tow, but the next day it never showed up after the server reboot. So I move one of the ships to fleet. Then after the 2nd day server reboot, the ship showed up.

I was wondering about this last night cause I was moving stuff around so I can drop a port and put up another port some where and was trying to make sure I didn't send to many ships to one port.

20 hours ago, van der Decken said:

This is how it works - if you have no free slot in the dock or you canceled entire outpost - you will not recieve the ship until you free 1 slot / reopen outpost. Then in the next server maintenance the ship will be delivered.

Captain Yar Matey, are you sure you sent the ship using tow request option? By the logs you have sold Indiaman at 12/13/2016 00:57:05.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 9:26 AM, Ink said:

This is how it works - if you have no free slot in the dock or you canceled entire outpost - you will not recieve the ship until you free 1 slot / reopen outpost. Then in the next server maintenance the ship will be delivered.

Captain Yar Matey, are you sure you sent the ship using tow request option? By the logs you have sold Indiaman at 12/13/2016 00:57:05.

Was pretty sure I sent it into tow, but if the logs show I sold it, so be it I guess...  I will just build one. 

Not a big deal though, it was a throw away ship we didn't care about getting captured.