Game-Labs Forum

We need more port and building slots

Well just what it says..

by the change of the political situations and the many different  goods i need i have to change so much ports lately 

i have to short of ports 

every day i destroy buildings 

every day i destroy ports

as a good merchant it is against my nature to destroy things

i  need more ports 

and i need more building slots

• Like 5

Oupost policy seems outdated indeed....  but the system has so many implications that must be approached quite carefuly, as they not only affect buildings, buit ship basing, persona teleports and receiving points to "send ships".

Having sort of one auto-outpost in each friendly (nation+allied) regional capital -maybe restricting ship slots?- AND in every friendly or neutral  non-capital port where you have a building (meaning free port should have a building on them to be outpost) could do the trick.... 

Oupost policy seems outdated indeed....  but the system has so many implications that must be approached quite carefuly, as they not only affect buildings, buit ship basing, persona teleports and receiving points to "send ships".

Having sort of one auto-outpost in each friendly (nation+allied) regional capital -maybe restricting ship slots?- AND in every friendly or neutral  non-capital port where you have a building (meaning free port should have a building on them to be outpost) could do the trick.... 

ageed outpost needs buildings to,......... even in a freeports

they are  only outposts because  they had no policy on politics

you can trade there.... so you can have buildings (with some  restrictions ), ..and warehouses there as well ...

Edited by Thonys

Personally i would remove free ports and open outpost policies.

This way territory matters more even for commerce, but at the same time losing a port where you own an outpost isn't too bad of a thing.

Being able to leave and send ships around is really a thing that must be added to the game to simplify those who don't have the time to sail for hours in empty waters.

An idea for free ports: give them hostility but instead of PB it gains a blockaded status that prevents enemy operations (it is kinda like owning it but it can change more quickly than a full capture).

Edited by Diodo
  • Like 2

Personally i would remove free ports and open outpost policies.

This way territory matters more even for commerce, but at the same time losing a port where you own an outpost isn't too bad of a thing.

Being able to leave and send ships around is really a thing that must be added to the game to simplify those who don't have the time to sail for hours in empty waters.

An idea for free ports: give them hostility but instead of PB it gains a blockaded status that prevents enemy operations (it is kinda like owning it but it can change more quickly than a full capture).

but we can not remove free ports 

because they exists in the rl 

but we can not remove free ports

because they exists in the rl

Sure...but i'm quite sure they didn't let lineship fleets dock in to not disturb someone to the point where they would loose their freedom.

For example, if someone gives shelter to my enemy right next my home, i'm going to wipe him out.

Blockading trought pvp hostility seems a good compromise to me. You still have the free ports around where you can trade, but they're no more a base for ganking fleets to disturb capital waters without establishing forward bases by capturing territory.

And of course you can still smuggle past the blockade with traders and the blockade itself it's a very volatile thing.

It seems that you are wanting to do everything by yourself. From producing everything needed to make everything to manufacturing to distribution.

Will you need other players for anything? WEll anything other than to buy all your stuff.

well i do understand that for some it is difficult to comprehend

but the answer to your 3 questions is : YES,

see it this way if you go to the drug store to buy many things ,you only want two things,. and that is ...space..... for your wallet in your trouser...and a spacy hand bag for all the stuff you bought

just to have your hands free

just to keep your hands free in case you get mugged.... :D

by a pirate

Edited by Thonys

well i do understand that for some it is difficult to comprehend

but the answer to your 3 questions is : YES,

see it this way if you go to the drug store to buy many things ,you only want two things,. and that is ...space..... for your wallet in your trouser...and a spacy hand bag for all the stuff you bought

just to have your hands free

just to keep your hands free in case you get mugged.... :D

by a pirate

Well at least you are honest. I dont see this as a single player game i see it as a,artificial world created for us to play in and each of us have a role to fill. If everyone did everything then there would be no need for anything.

There would be no economy, no shops, no resources to buy or sell. WE would all be playing a single player game.

This way we have a artificial economy, resources, men, labor etc and we depend on each other to make the world go round.

Now as you are doing it CAN all be done by just you but takes time and effort. SMALL price to pay for being a god no?

I really need more outposts and dock space, it's gotten to the point that I too am destroying and building outposts and buildings on a far to regular basis.

The regional bonusses and resources are an attempt to get players out of the capitals and into the world, but the lack of outposts is a real obstacle.