Game-Labs Forum

Gaining hostility with the help of Allied nations (from a pvp2 perspective)

So in pvp2 the French have been working to get a port battle set up for Dominica.  During our big push in the past few days to get it to 100% hostility (which we did :D), we had our Swede friends (and I think some Dutch?) ask if they could help us raise the hostility.  However, their actions will end up raising the hostility for them, and not for the French, and their intention was to help us take the region.  So I started thinking that if there was a way for an allied nation to "give" their hostility gained through their own actions, to the French, helping them get the hostility to 100%.  I know that allied nations do gain some hostility increase when their allies are raising the hostility, but its pretty small and doesn't really help that much.  Basically I think Allied nations should be able to fly the colors in a way of their allied nations.  It certainly would help smaller nations be able to gain more territory with their small numbers.  It took the french having 6 players a day probably on average just grinding to finally get the hostility need to set up a port battle in Dominica, and those 6 players are probably 6 out of 8 french players who are actually on, on a giving day,

Just a thought.  

Edited by HoopDreams
  • Like 3

tag to devs and admins....yes please. Perhaps allied nations can choose before battle which flag they wish to fly under, or even like when entering an OW PvP it ask which side you want to join, in a mission when you click on the battle swords you have a choice of all your allies and your own nation as to which you want to join for.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

This would go a long way towards having allies actually be helpful when doing joint efforts in a region. Only issue I see that would need to be fleshed out is the "who should be the leader." Should the  mission "creator" be who determines which nation gains the hostility? Should the original player creating the tag against an enemy be the nation who gains or loses hostility?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

This would go a long way towards having allies actually be helpful when doing joint efforts in a region. Only issue I see that would need to be fleshed out is the "who should be the leader." Should the  mission "creator" be who determines which nation gains the hostility? Should the original player creating the tag against an enemy be the nation who gains or loses hostility?

Ahhhh ... the human engineering challenge emerges.

There is an age-old mechanic for this ... "Diplomacy, Negotiation, Compromise and Reciprocation" 

~ HK ~.

• Like 1

Ahhhh ... the human engineering challenge emerges.

There is an age-old mechanic for this ... "Diplomacy, Negotiation, Compromise and Reciprocation" 

~ HK ~.

I believe the leader would simply be in relation to which nation has the highest hostility, as it is now, but with my addition, the allies would be able to choose which nation they want to join the missions (or even the PvE/PvP battles for. 

Congrats on finnaly getting it.  I was starting to feel bad for you guys honestly as it was taking for every and that was with no resistance.  Though I know we would hate it on the BRIT/US super alliance part, but never understood why alliance couldn't group up with each other in groups.  Though we don't see this from the Pirate side.   

You do know they could join your missions on your side and help you grind that way right?  That way ya'll could of took larger fleet missions or got them done faster?   It's the same as us Joining the US or Brit missions but we had join the Spanish  or even French side for the central map stuff to get PvP and just be a pain.

• Like 1

You do know they could join your missions on your side and help you grind that way right?  That way ya'll could of took larger fleet missions or got them done faster?   It's the same as us Joining the US or Brit missions but we had join the Spanish  or even French side for the central map stuff to get PvP and just be a pain.

Indeed, to which we do, but rarely. FYI, all ships seem to give the same amount of points toward hostility, so doing high rank FMs matter no more than doing lower ones. :/ I think we should gain the BR of the ship we kill as our HP. Infect, I'm gonna suggest that.