Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Playoffs

Was just thinking.  How stale it currently is.  For an example.  Bridgetown .  There has been 3 port battles so far and the British are strict and show up with a constant 25 Victories.   Hence.  This situation will go on forever unless there is some sort of procedure.   

Have it so there is a 3 zone battle in the sectors.   2 circles are open to all ships   . 25 max on each side.  from cutter on up to 1st rate. 

The goal is to advance for those who make it through into the actual port battle with hopefully the forts update installed.   

Those whom make it through and win one or both initial port battle entrance will advance to the finals with that ship and with the damage installed. The defender will have the always advantage of Forts (when they will be implemented).  The ship will be locked and you will get a notice of upcoming port battle finale.

This increase player participation and requires skill and putting the right ships in.   

so.   Port battle commences on notice.   2 open port battles of 25 each with no forts.   The winner will be decided by the new upcoming zone winner.

Those that win the zone will advance into the harbor and fight what ever remains  with the fortifications being the big advantage at this point.

• Like 1

Yes. The presence of the massive 1st rate fleets was for OW screening purposes aka. let's fight and fun :)

Again, I am lost. I was at Bridgetown and nowhere have I seen 25 British Vics. Just a lot of Danes, Sweden and French. Dutch+British screening fleets were wiped yesterday by sheer numbers. I lost my Indefatigble battling 3 vs 25 just near Bridgetown fort. And again, I remember seeing a lot of 2nd rates, but not so many 1st rates.

Again, the amount of stacked 2nd and 1st rates is not a problem if you have the right tool. The wipe is needed. With new economy with fine woods (that should be made even harder on 2nd and 1st rates) the problem of too many 2nd and 1st rates will go away naturally. Precious SOLs will be preserved for SOLs PBs.

Edited by Vaan De Vries

I agree that to make it a national combined effort of taking a port, rounds could be played where some would qualify for the final battle. I hear many complains bout players joining a PB in a ship they don't know how to handle. They put themselves in early crossfire and someone rake their ass and the BR is lost.

The french last attempt at Bridgetown was a great failure.

Maybe the Danes should take this one  :rolleyes:

Remove the ability to teleport to a contested region and half the problem will be solved.

At the moment the defender has ships ready and  safe in the harbour and simply teleports to the port, undocks and enters the port battle without any danger at all.

If it was not possible to teleport to a region with 100% hostility the defenders would have to sail there. Also make it impossible to respawn in an area with 100% hostility. So anyone who dies outside the port has to spawn in the nearest uncontested region.