Game-Labs Forum

Open world random events

I know with the attitudes of people who game today this cant happen but after seeing that random events can be dropped in anywhere it made me wish for it anyway.

Its a shame there cant just be random shipwrecks or lifeboats or sinking ships that where NOT announced or hinted about. It would be out there to be found by the players who actively use the world. Even a crossed sword event that took you to instant zone with a search and rescue against timer or storm sinking a ship or a royal family member being attacked by privateers or pirated in need of rescue.

Yes the attitudes of gamers today would ruin it by just sailing for hours on end then demand a reward for it rather than just playing the game and finding hidden gems.

If the devs ever stop catering to the " neverhappy gamer" there is good potential for this game yet.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 4

I think this event would of been better if they did more than one big wreck spread out over the day at diffrent times and in diffrent areas.  Many folks didn't even make it half way there and it seem it was more for those that had ports in that area or even just lucked out.  I can't have ports every where.  Would be nice if we had 10 ports instead of 8 cause I'll tell you I would now have a port over there if I could do it and keep a decent area of influence for PB"s and PvP along with my econ.  2 more ports would really help out.  Even folks that left from Key's didn't make it in time to get any loot.

the Event yesterday was completely useless - nice try from the game devs but useless. as TEXAS said, you cant have ports anywhere and sail for hours for nothing and then get attacked by the other nations on the way home.

the game is running in a wrong direction at the Moment - so no bottles and no Events of that kind and no useless fleet ships - back to the root and all will be good.

the Event yesterday was completely useless - nice try from the game devs but useless. as TEXAS said, you cant have ports anywhere and sail for hours for nothing and then get attacked by the other nations on the way home.

And why should you have ports everywhere for crying out loud. Are you all "special"? The places will be random, it has been said many times!

I'm sick of all you know it alls.

Edited by 312_Jura