Game-Labs Forum

Offline Single Player

In a thread back in 2013 a similar question was asked.  A dev said that offline gameplay was planned far down the road.  Are there any plans to add an offline single player mode?  Everything seems to be in place for offline gameplay.  Why are the devs not allowing us the freedom of an offline experience?  Before someone says something silly like, "you might as well ask blizzard to make wow a single player game", NA isn't in anyway similar to the type of "traditional" mmorpg that wow and other games like it are.

Paying 40 bucks only to have my gameplay limited by server issues and the consequence of a disappearing player base, is not fun.  Forced multiplayer is like being allowed to drive a car only within a certain radius of the dealership. 

I don't recall any point at which an offline mode was promised.  The server architecture is what provides all of the calculations, physics, and other secret sauce that makes the game great.   Trying to package that into something that can be played offline isn't in the cards as far as I know.

You can do just as well on the PvE server.  If you don't interact with anyone else, you've basically achieved "single player" mode.  As it is, the nature of a sandbox doesn't lend itself well to being by yourself, and there likely aren't any plans to create the volume of missions and other interactive content that a single player game requires to be fun.

Isn't pve basically single player with a chat room ?

Yah, but i think he's wanting to play it offline. There are some games I love to play that aren't offline based cause of travel with my work some hotels and country and offshore on rigs/ships I don't have internet.  This is one not one of them so I would not expect to play this game at those times.