Game-Labs Forum

Help Please

Theres nothing wrong or bad about playing on the PvE server, some frown upon it and want it merged with the PvP servers, but some people just enjoy the ships, have a fascination for the era or like to be free to go wherever they want without an enemy fleet preventing them from going there, having fun is what counts in the end.

• Like 5

I don't think I will bother purchasing a Santisima though, for one thing, I don't particularly like it, it is too slab sided for my liking 

Santisima is a rather unattractive ship, with that default red (although some of the new paint schemes do look a lot better).  She is slow, both in OW and in battle.  The stats say a hair faster than Victory, but that must be after a long build-up on one particular point of sail...which I haven't found yet, lol.   She turns like a brick.  Santisima is particularly bad upwind, and even with Speed/Copper, difficult to tack through the wind without coming to a stop and then generating sternway.  Difficult to get guns to bear.  So yeah...not a very likable ship, except...

Eventually, after some exasperation and no small amount of grumbling, you will finally have a target lined up, and will left-click the mouse-button.  And then the angels will sing...all will be bliss.

Whenever the right time comes, yeah, obtain the Santisima.  You'll hate it...for all the reasons which you (rightfully) suspected and which I mention above.  Until you fire that first broadside.  And then you'll like Santi at least enough to not regret your purchase, and will play it repeatedly afterward.

As to your questions about outposts:  you can have up to 8 outposts (including the starter capital outpost).  That last permit slot is pretty expensive (1M I think), but overall, the outpost permit slots are one of the best investments available.  Maxing out permits was the first thing I prioritized when I shifted to a different server.

• Like 2

Regarding the outpost slots, I have now managed to purchase all eight allocated choices now and have chosen Ports in different areas of the map. Three of my ports are the allocated Kingston Port Royal, Port Morrant & Carlisle, these are where I keep my 4th to 1st rate ships. Most of my other outposts scattered further afield have at least one warship and traders, such as the Traders Brig for entering shallow ports, and the Traders Snow & Indiaman, which are useful for attacking other contraband traders, but I do find the Indiaman a bit slow trying to catch smaller traders like Briggs, Lynx or Cutters, where they mostly get away before I can get into a decent position to challenge them. Not all are lucky though and so far I have manage to capture six different traders, either French or Spanish, I never attack British contraband traders, as I travel under the Smugglers Flag, so I can enter any port on my travels.

As Lander D has mentioned, I do hope that the Devs will keep the PvE server for those of us who just enjoy playing this game, without getting involved with other players. We can still enjoy the fighting side of the game against the AI and although it might not be the same as fighting against other real people in the game, it does provide some pretty hair raising challenges. once you start fighting against the larger ships. These AI ships can be pretty lethal in some occasions and you need to be on your toes, when you have two of them pounding broadsides on you, when you are Stuck in Irons. just being a sitting duck.Even in manual sails, you can often get stuck against a strong headwind, if you get caught out, whilst engaged in gunnery firing. So lets please keep PvE I am sure that quite a lot of people just want to do their own thing like me and enjoy the game the way they like playing it.

Bramborough, I will think about buying the Santisima later on. although I have other priorities I want to buy first. I have just bought my second Indiaman, which I have stationed way out in the East at Bridgetown, for trading around that area. These ships have large holds for transporting large amounts of goods from port to port.

Being able to Teleport to your different owned outpost is very handy indeed, it saves having to sail your ship to the other side of the map. That is one of the reasons for having a few of the same ship, especially the Indiaman when it comes to trading.

Occasionally I do a few of the Mission Battles to pump up my rank and officer XP points as well as adding more gold to my bank, but most of my gold is made from trading. Reaching the higher ranks takes a while, as the needed XP increases with each higher rank and takes much longer game play to achieve the next rank. But it's all good fun and challenging.

Fleet Ships is one area that I am a little confused about. If I sail in a trading ship (say the Traders Snow for instance) and take say an Essex with me as a fleet ship, will the Essex be able to support my Snow if I challenge another Trader travelling with its own fleet ship/ships. In other words, does your fleet ship have any part in fighting the ship you are challenging. Also, as my crew allocation is still pretty low, I can only use my Traders Snow with am armed Brig at the moment, because I get told that I haven't enough crew to add a larger ship to my fleet. What is the purpose of travelling with a fleet, other than transporting a fleet ship to another of your owned Outposts? Any information on using fleet ships would be appreciated. This is one area of the game that is confusing me a bit.  :lol:

Edited by Billy Budd

Well, you essentialy split up your crew to crew two or more vessels instead of one, so your crew is still under your command but in a different ship, so they'll do whatever you ask them to. Now I don't use fleet myself, but I think you use the map in battle and then on the left you have a tab with different orders on it. Like Attack, Ceasefire, etc... (don't know all of them but there are plenty of orders). So you'll probably need to click on the enemy ship and click on the order you want to give to your fleet and it should execute that. So yes you can attack traders or warships and have your fleet help out in the attack.

Mostly fleet will be used by people who want to protect their traderships from enemy attacks, as they can order the ships to take on the attacking group and try to flee the scene.

For raiding traders I realy recommend the "Le Gros Ventre", its faster and more agile then the Indiaman and more agile. It doesn't pack the same punch as an Indiaman but its more then plenty for attacking raiders.

Once again Lander D, thank you for you information on Fleet Ships. I really need to get my rank pumped up, so that I have more crew to play with. This is what is holding me back so far, I have the ships, but not enough crew to fully sail them, although I have hired some extra crew and have taken advantage of the spare hammocks upgrades. I have taken your advice and bought myself the "Le Gros Ventre" which as you say, is quite a lot faster than the Indiaman, but with less hold space. I have not challenged any AI traders with this ship yet, so I can't report on its performance when it comes to attacking other vessels.

Another warship that I have just bought and added to my fleet is the "Agamemnon" which I just happened to see, was on sale at Kingston Port Royal. This together with the "Le Gros Ventre" has swallowed up quite a lot of my gold reserves and I am now back down to just over 9 million gold, but nothing to worry about. I really love the "Agamemnon" she was Nelson's favorite and I am seriously thinking of buying a wooden kit model of her, which is manufactured by Jotika (Caldercraft) here in the UK. This kit costs just over £800 and is built to a scale of 1/64. Jotika also produce the "Victory" at a smaller 1/72 scale, but it comes out larger than the Agamemnon, with it being a larger 1st rate. I have seen all Jotika's models in their showroom at their premises and they really are the best models on the market. Not cheap, but very well crafted indeed.

I have opened my new port on the American coastline at one of the Free Towns, which I just can't remember the name at the moment, but I have found that the fishing in this area of the map is pretty dismal compared to many other areas. Some of the best fishing grounds are way out to to west of the American coast, in the area where there are lots of islands and shallows. Grouper seems to be the best catch in this area, which turn into large quantities of fish meat, which can fetch prices as high as 99 gold per portion. Sugar fetches 600 gold at some of the Ports and can be bought as low as 400 gold, making a 50% profit. Tobacco can fetch 750 gold and bought for 500 gold, again making a 50% mark up on your buying costs. Other consumables, are not worth trading in, as they don't fetch enough profit and most consumables cost more to buy, than you can sell for. 

Fishing is one of the best commodities to deal in, as it costs you nothing and can make good money if you sell it at the highest price of 99 gold. Sometimes I have purchased a large amount of fish meat at 67 gold per portion and sold it further up the coast for 99 gold, thus making a small one third profit. This all bumps up your bank balance and covers the cost of repairing your ships, after a few fleet order battles.

The next ship on my wish list is the "L Ocean" then I think I will seriously think on just trading to reach my first Billion gold. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:  

Edited by Billy Budd

After having spent a few hours playing the game earlier this evening, I decided to have a look at the ships on sale at Port Royal and it just so happened that some kind gentleman had crafted the new L'Ocean. I just could't resist to purchase it whilst I had enough gold to afford it. It cost me almost five million and has left my bank balance at just over four million, so not to worry really. She is now docked alongside my Victory at Carlisle, waiting for enough crew to fully sail her and the rank too of course. I decided to move her to Carlisle just to see what she looked like at sea and she really is a beautiful looking ship. It has a lovely looking stern gallery and a figure head resembling King Neptune, although I'm sure it represents something else. The Agememnon, which I manage to buy a few days ago, is also a lovely looking ship depicting Agamemnon himself as its figurehead.

I have now managed to cover all areas of the map with bases for my trading and have two different sized trading ships at each port, plus a few 6th and 5th rate warships for capturing contraband smugglers, which sometimes don't always get away. However it makes a change from fighting mission battles and normal trading from port to port. I don't think I would have any time to do crafting as all of my time seems to be busy with trading, fishing and challenging lone traders. Snows seem to be the best ships to challenge, as they are slow and providing you can take out their four guns, they are easy pray for a Rattlesnake, which can outrun almost any small trader. I don't attempt to take on Le Gros Ventre's or Indiaman's because being armed, are not as easy to deal with. I don't usually bother with Trader Cutters either, as these don't seem to carry much cargo and are usually harder to keep up with.

This is one of the best games I have played for a long time and I am really having some great fun playing it, even though I am playing it my way. Just me and the AI to worry about. 

Good for you.

If you have reached Master and Commander rank a Surprise (240) is a good vessel for taking on LGV's.

Upper/lower + fore and aft cannons (32 lb carronades do real damage).

If you are capturing traders you have the material for crafting, which is another interesting aspect of this game and will only add to your enjoyment while playing.

Be aware of the soon to come Port Reset and make sure you review the patch notes and read Admins comments, you will profit from the knowledge.

As always I recommend that you join the Euro PvP1 server, there is nothing finer than player interaction, be it friendly or other.

Fair wind...

Edited by Captain Boneboys
  • Like 2

Thank you for your comment Boneboys, it just so happens that I have a Surprise, so I might try her out against a larger trader. As both the Le Gros & Indiaman have large hold spaces, which means more booty. Sorry but I am sticking to PvE, I have acquired too much in the game, to loose all my ships and I will have to start building a decent fleet again. I know your rank and crew carry over if you change servers, but all I have worked for will just end up in Davy Jone's Locker. I prefer playing the game on my own against the AI, which are not as dumb as some people think they are, they can give you a pretty hard time in certain situations. Maybe playing against other players can be quite enjoyable, if you prefer that kind of game play, but I'm afraid it's not my scene really. I have never been a fan of multiplayer gaming, because there are always those that don't play by the rules and are just out to sink everything they come across. I am not condemming multiplayer at all, as I suppose the majority who play this game are a lot younger than me and like to play with their friends. I am way past that stage now and all my friends don't spend their retirement time playing computer games like I do. Playing alone with just the AI suits me fine and I can log on or off anytime I choose, without worrying other players half way through a battle, wondering where I have suddenly disappeared to when I decide to log off. 

• 2 weeks later...

The devs confirmed me that you can have an account on every server, and your rank and XP is shared across all servers, but your stuff is tied to the server you are on. I'm not writing this to pressure you into PvP, but you can safely create an extra account on any PvP server, try it out and go back to PvE whenever you like to and lose nothing.

If you would ever want to do something different for one day, come to PvP1, i'll give you a free ship to use, so you can have a taste of the bussy PvP1 server.

Just letting you know the option is out there, remember fun is the key, sand box is here so you can do whatever you want whenever you want. No pressure.

• Like 1

Thank's for your offer Spud, but I would rather remain with PVE. I am going to give crafting a go and maybe set up a few buildings to produce the materials, as I have just about done everything else and made quite a lot of gold from all my traveling.trading and fishing, as well as collecting quite a lot of various coins, labour contracts and other goodies from the wrecks I have collected from. I still have quite a good number of sealed bottles to use yet. Just read your post about crafting on the other thread and also the info on producing stuff by having buildings. I'll take a look at crafting first, just to see how I get on, I have enough gold to be able to buy some of the stuff I will need to get me started and then once I get the hang of it, I will start producing my own stuff.

I thought I was having "Delusions of Grandeur" thinking that having read through this topic again, that Lander has now become Spud. I hadn't clicked that you have changed your user name from Lander to Spud and are the same person. So I am not loosing my marbles after all. 

Well Lander or Spud, I really do appreciate all your help in getting me to understand this game, a lot more now, than I did when I first started. It has took me a while to reach this far and I think I am ready to move on to the crafting stage, that you have already explained in the other thread I have posted in.

I think that sticking to this "Help Please" thread for any future questions to be the best option, as it saves having to have two threads going on very similar questions. I have read through all the information you have provided about crafting and the other information provided by Bramborough as well, who has also been very helpful.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank both of you for all the help you have given me since I first started playing this game. Also my thanks to other members of this community who have also been helpful along the way. It's nice to know that there are those that will try to help those who are having problems, or who don't understand the mechanics of this game as easy as some of you.

I know most of you do prefer playing on the PVP servers, rather than the PVE, but as I have said many times, PVE suits me really and I really prefer single player game play rather than multiplayer.

From my humble beginnings,  I am now at the rank of Post Captain, have managed to gain a fleet of ships that would be the envy of some of the more established players, by having been able to purchase the two latest ships. Agamemnon & L'Ocean, both "exceptional" which from reading through the forums, seem pretty hard to come by. It just so happened that both these ships appeared for sale at Port Royal on the PVE server, whilst I was playing the game about a week ago. Obviously someone had crafted them and I can't remember who. But having enough gold, earned from my trading around the map, I seized the opportunity to buy them, before someone else beat me to it. Since then, I have never seen any of these ships for sale at Port Royal. All I need now is enough crew and rank to fully sail all my capital ships.

I am going to carry on with my progress and get into crafting, as a change from trading, but will still take time out, to make more gold to help me with my crafting, which has provided me with the funds to build up my fleet of ships, that I have managed to acquire so far. I doubt whether I will have enough dock space in all my outposts, to accommodate any more ships.

I will keep you up to date with any further progress, as without your help from the beginning, would not have been achievable by myself.

• Like 1

Apologies for the confusion, I changed my forum name to my in game name so people know who I am, why I didn't do that from the beginning I don't realy know. But itsa me Lander.

I'll help out anybody if I can, I try to compensate for the more salty people on this forum and in the game. But as you see there are many people willing to give advice.

Its great to see that you figured out everything we tried to explain, and that it made the game more enjoyable for you because of that. Mission acomplished I would say.

I'm very jealous of you for having those two great ships, one L'ocean is on sale in KPR on PvP1 for 9 million! I never ever got more then 3 million, and I spend it on a vic, without regrets obviously.

The only thing you realy miss out on in PvE is the Port Battles and the PvP battles, besides that on the PvE server its much easier to get all the ships and all the gold you need, caus you don't realy lose anything as easily as on the PvP server.

For me there is just something about taking on a real player, much more satisfying to sink a real player. But the trade off is that you'll use most of your earning replenishing ships and crew.

Maybe i'll hop over to the PvE server, to meet up and do a mission or two whenever nothing is going on at the PvP server. We'll see.

Best of luck and safe sailing mate.

• Like 1

Thank you Spud (Lander  :rolleyes: ) for all the help you have given me. Now that I am into crafting, it has made the game more interesting, than just sailing around the map, fishing and trading, although I still do this now and again, just to keep the gold reserves healthy.

(20,000,000) atm, which I am trying to achieve 100,000,000, just as a challenge more than anything else.

I have had a lot of pleasure capturing contraband smugglers and manage to take on an Indiaman, whilst out trading in one of my Le Gros Ventre's which is a gold version with lots of upgrades. I managed to cap the Indiaman, although it took a bit of time, I came away with a nice reward of gold, XP and the ship and contents from its hold. I sent the captured Indiaman (basic grey model) back to one of my outposts for either selling or breaking (not decided yet) and this is just one of many other Snows, Briggs and the like that I have managed to capture, grab their cargo and sell the ships later. This has helped to boost my XP as well as bring more gold to my bank account.

So just playing solo in PVE satisfies me, without having to worry about other players, who may deliberately go after newbies sailing alone, who decide to venture into PVP. I much prefer the quiet side of the game and if I want to take on the AI, I can without worrying about being attacked by other players, where it seems that real players in PVE, seem to respect other lone players from any nation, who are just content with doing their own thing. There is more than enough AI ships of all types, sailing the OW if you fancy having a battle as well as many different player missions to get involved with if you do want to play with other real players against the AI.

I have built up to much to loose now, by converting to PVP, even if I really wanted to. All my ships that I have managed to acquire would be lost and I don't fancy loosing my, L'Ocean and Agamemnon, which are not easy to come by. I was lucky, I just happened to be on line at the right time, they appeared on sale at Port Royal, and having the money, decided to buy them.

I can't fully sail the L'Ocean yet because I haven't the rank or crew to be able to try it out in battle, but it is doing no harm, laid up my docks, until she is ready to sail.  :D

I have had a lot of pleasure capturing contraband smugglers and manage to take on an Indiaman, whilst out trading in one of my Le Gros Ventre's which is a gold version with lots of upgrades. I managed to cap the Indiaman, although it took a bit of time, I came away with a nice reward of gold, XP and the ship and contents from its hold. I sent the captured Indiaman (basic grey model) back to one of my outposts for either selling or breaking (not decided yet) and this is just one of many other Snows, Briggs and the like that I have managed to capture, grab their cargo and sell the ships later.

ummm, Billy ---- there are NOT any Indiamans on the PVE server that are capturable. Or were you on the PVP server? The ONLY Indiamans on the PVE server are player owned, NON-AI, and no one can attack another player there (PVE).

Perhaps it was another LGV you capped. Regardless, those are plentiful, and yes, they break down to ALOT of usable parts. Medium carriages especially, to say the least of those! Who knows, the more you tackle, hopefully you will run across some of those elusive Common or Fine (0/4) ones. I have. I typically give them away, out of Ile-a-vache, to newer players in need of a larger trader. BUt in regards to parts... I am always cutting my costs on  making boats by breaking these traders up.

One or more of my ports are dedicated as a recipient for the captured boats. To wit, when I reach a TP-able port of mine, I TP back to that port, break down all the boats I sent there, or any other port .... then TP back to my raider, and repeat as long as I care to, or until I run out of cargo space! lol. I look at it as going shopping without a list, as each ship is like a box of Cracker-jacks (ya never know what "prize" your gonna get until you open up/capture the ship!) .... then return to my port - dump cargo, and repeat! 

Good to see though, that you got your sea-legs on! Happy hunting .. and if you are in-game on PVE -- feel free to give me a shout if you have a query or 3!

Cheers!

-Yankyaeger (PVP2, USA)

- Baron Von Weisencracker (PVE, Pirates)

Edited by yankyaeger
  • Like 1

I have built up to much to loose now, by converting to PVP, even if I really wanted to. All my ships that I have managed to acquire would be lost and I don't fancy loosing my, L'Ocean and Agamemnon, which are not easy to come by. I was lucky, I just happened to be on line at the right time, they appeared on sale at Port Royal, and having the money, decided to buy them.

:D

if you wanted to create another character on one of the PVP servers you run NO risk of "losing" anything on the PVE server. NONE at all! NO gold, no ships, no items ..nuttin! Only Labor hours. But there is a way around that.

Labor hours. And to avoid that issue, simply use all the labor hours you have on hand, just BEFORE you create the PVP character. Because if you do not, then the game will WIPE all your accrued labor hours to ZERO. THAT!, is the only "loss" you will see among your assests, besides usuable BP's. - Unless you use them (labor hours) all prior to the character creation.  

Your crafting level will remain the same. Your rank will stay the same as it is on the PVE server. In fact they will be sync'd. Which means any Rank XP or crafting level increase you acquire on one server, will transfer to the other server(s). So if you go from Midshipman to 1st Lt. on PVE, you be 1st Lt on PVP. If you craft on the PVP server and raise your crafting level as a result from 10 to 15, then your crafting level on the PVE server will reflect that level 15 as well.

Your blue prints, however, will revert back to ONLY the auto-drop ones you get for reaching a certain crafting level. So if you are level 25, you will retain ALL the free BP's (Cutter, lynx, Brig, snow, Cerberus, etc...) . But all the ones you acquired, through crafting ships (IE rattlesnake, traders brig, Traders Snow, Mercury, LGV...etc....) those you will have to "reacquire" on the PVP server. However, you will still have those Blue prints on the PVE server, they just will not make the transition to be used on the PVP servers.

The only things that are not transposable between the servers are: Commodities (including ships), your GOLD (currency), Blue Prints, and your Officer levels (each server requires a separate officer created - their perks are supposedly NOT transferrable also)

AND!!!! -- you can switch between the servers at will, with out any other concerns, irregardless of how many times per day. For example: I log into my PVP account, and do a bit of crafting, selling, trading ..etc...) then log out, and go to PVE and do the same. Then before days end, I go back to PVP and check on deliveries, and maybe do abit more crafting. There are NOT any costs to doing that. I retain all my ships on BOTH servers -- create more, barter, trade, sell, buy ..etc. Daily!

Even though, you are restricted to just 1 character on PVE, -- you can create a 2nd character on PVP1 and a 3rd character on PVP2 server as well. And none of the aforementioned has to be the same nation. Example I am a Pirate on PVE, and US on PVP2. I could create a 3rd character on the PVP1 server, in a totally NEW nation, if I wanted to - all the while still playing my other 2 characters as I deemed necessary.

I hope that helps, clarify .. multiple characters, even a little bit.

Cheers,

-Yank/BvW

Edited by yankyaeger
  • Like 2

Billy Budd, you're doing great on PvE and are having tons of fun, but like yankyaeger said you can safely try a PvP server and destroy nothing on the PvE server except your labour hour balance. If you should ever feel like it on PvP1 British nation, i'll be happy to give you a ship and some money to get you started there. Just for a touch of variety.

The Indiaman might have been an Ingermanland, as that is probably the easiest mix up. That would be impressive to do though. Haven't seen a AI Indiaman myself, ever.

Edited by The Spud

Thank you guys, I'll have a think, about creating another account on PVP1 but for the time being I don't have the time to spend running two separate accounts, as PVE is taking up all my available playing time. I appreciate the good advice though and will seriously give it some thought.

Yes you were right Yankyager. It was an AI "Le Gros Ventre" I captured and not an "Indiaman". I seemed to have got mixed up with those two ships. I don't know about taking on an "Ingermaland" Spud, in a Gros Ventre, as it would probably make matchwood out of me lol.

I never actually  took much notice really, but you are right, there doesn't seem to be any AI "Indiamans" in the game, on PVE. I wonder why that it?

If I do decide to take on another account on PVP, I take it I have to use my same player name as I use for PVE (Mr Billy Budd). 

• Like 1

Thank you guys, I'll have a think, about creating another account on PVP1 but for the time being I don't have the time to spend running two separate accounts, as PVE is taking up all my available playing time. I appreciate the good advice though and will seriously give it some thought.

Yes you were right Yankyager. It was an AI "Le Gros Ventre" I captured and not an "Indiaman". I seemed to have got mixed up with those two ships. I don't know about taking on an "Ingermaland" Spud, in a Gros Ventre, as it would probably make matchwood out of me lol.

I never actually  took much notice really, but you are right, there doesn't seem to be any AI "Indiamans" in the game, on PVE. I wonder why that it?

If I do decide to take on another account on PVP, I take it I have to use my same player name as I use for PVE (Mr Billy Budd). 

Well, best I have done AI wise is take on a frigate in a basic grey Brig, graped it and boarded it. So I would imagine an Ingermanland AI vs a Le gros ventre would certainly be possible.

As the matter of fact, i'm going to try that out whenever I have the time, slap some carronades on the LGV and blast away.

As Yankyaeger runs different names on different servers, I would imagine you could take on another name on a PvP server.

If you would come to PvP1 let me know, we can arrange a meet and I'll give you a ship (What rank do you have at the moment?) and stuff to use, so you wouln't need to grind money first.

As Yankyaeger runs different names on different servers, I would imagine you could take on another name on a PvP server.

If you would come to PvP1 let me know, we can arrange a meet and I'll give you a ship (What rank do you have at the moment?) and stuff to use, so you wouln't need to grind money first.

I'm at Post Captain (350 crew) a.t.m. with 2800 out of 20,000 XP towards my next rank, still a way to go yet. I will PM you if and when I decide to give PVP1 a try. Thank's for the offer Spud.  :D

I'm too wrapped up in PVE, now I have got into crafting. Just working my way up the crafting levels and am at level 11 so far.

Just one question. When I was in Port I noticed at the top of my screen, close to the Smugglers icon, XP Redeemable. I click on this and was asked do I want to redeem XP, so I said yes. What does this mean and what is the XP for?

Edited by Billy Budd

Well when you craft a ship and you sell it, you get 10% of the XP that ship will gather in combat. I never had a redeemable myself, but I believe you can use this XP both on your officer or on your rank (you'll find out when you click it).

So crafting payes off also in XP, especialy if you produce Warships instead of traders.

I'm in the ROYAL clan on PvP1, contact any of them and they'll let you know if I'm there or not. Or just ask in national.

Well when you craft a ship and you sell it, you get 10% of the XP that ship will gather in combat. I never had a redeemable myself, but I believe you can use this XP both on your officer or on your rank (you'll find out when you click it).

So crafting payes off also in XP, especialy if you produce Warships instead of traders.

I'm in the ROYAL clan on PvP1, contact any of them and they'll let you know if I'm there or not. Or just ask in national.

Per last patch notes, it's 5% of combat XP...if there's been a hotfix change to that, I don't remember reading such.   http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15862-patch-994-alliances-new-ships-new-features/

Unfortunately, XP earned this way apparently doesn't apply to one's officer....which makes this feature currently irrelevant for any crafter who's reached top rank.  Rather annoying.

@Billy, you can name the PvP1 character something different if you wish.   Many people just use the same name to be more immediately recognizable to friends/acquaintances from other servers.

• Like 1

I'm too wrapped up in PVE, now I have got into crafting. Just working my way up the crafting levels and am at level 11 so far.

Just one question. When I was in Port I noticed at the top of my screen, close to the Smugglers icon, XP Redeemable. I click on this and was asked do I want to redeem XP, so I said yes. What does this mean and what is the XP for?

Well, evidently your crafting is paying off too! .. I believe you must have sold a boat or 2 in ports to other players. This would explain the XP redeemables. Whenever they use the boat you crafted (that they bought) .. 5% of the XP they gained in that battle, using the ship you built,  goes back to you as "XP redeemable". Its kind of a "royalty fee" or "bonus" for the CRAFTER, for crafting a boat used in battle.

If you notice on any of your built ships now, at the top, it states "ship crafted by ..........." this would indicate who is going to get that XP bonus from your battles.

Cheers,

-Yank/BvW

• Like 1

Well, evidently your crafting is paying off too! .. I believe you must have sold a boat or 2 in ports to other players. This would explain the XP redeemables. Whenever they use the boat you crafted (that they bought) .. 5% of the XP they gained in that battle, using the ship you built,  goes back to you as "XP redeemable". Its kind of a "royalty fee" or "bonus" for the CRAFTER, for crafting a boat used in battle.

If you notice on any of your built ships now, at the top, it states "ship crafted by ..........." this would indicate who is going to get that XP bonus from your battles.

Cheers,

-Yank/BvW

Yes I sold a Brig (Gold - Exceptional) a few days ago, that I crafted. I have since put a Navy Brig (Purple- Mastercraft) for sale at Port Royal. I expect the redeemables came from the person who bought the Brig, I had two more redeemables to claim, yesterday which obviously came from the same Brig, as I have only sold that Brig so far, as well as a Trader Lynx I crafted, which was my first crafted ship, which would not be used in battle, so they must have come from the Brig I sold.

I have also crafted a Trader Brig for my own use, to replace a basic captured Trader Brig, which I broke up for the parts. I have also had a Mercury Blueprint from a captured Snow I broke up, plus a few more parts and the goodies from its cargo.

I am starting to enjoy this crafting part of the game, but it soon swallows up the labour hours, with things like Low Grade Notes needed for higher grade ships, besides all the parts needed for just one ship. I am at craft level 15 so far and each level requires more crafting XP to level up, just like the Rank XP does, requiring more XP. I am Post Captain a.t.m. but still have another 16000 XP to reach Fleet Captain, its a long haul, but I'm slowly getting towards becoming an Admiral.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Billy Budd