Game-Labs Forum

AMERICA'S CUP RACE PVP 2 USA

Lafiel

Ok, Im going to be moving across the country next weekend. Therefor I will not be available for about a month to do anything with this concept. Im throwing it out there as an idea, anyone who would like to run with it, be my guest.

Currently this idea is in its infancy so is subject to change depending on feedback.

These are some of the ideas I have so far.

- Races will take place in Open World.

- Races will be held once a month.

- Races will be officiated by a race committee which will be present at each race and serve as the start/finish line boats.

- Participants must register for each race beforehand, anyone not registered will not be allowed to participate and will not be eligible for   the prize money.

- Races will begin and end at a free town so as to allow for anyone to enter the race.

- There will be 3 categories - singles, clans, and nationals, with varying degrees of difficulty.

- There will be an entry fee of xxxxxx amount per person, winning person, clan, or national team take all.

- Race courses should follow a roughly triangular course so as to have a upwind, downwind, and crosswind leg, covering all points of sail.

- Courses should be long enough so as to need to be able to navigate in open water out of sight of land.

- Any ship may participate however they must be stock and unarmed.

- Anyone tagging anyone into battle will be disqualified.

That is all I have for the moment, any thoughs, ideas or questions let me know.

Also, anyone who would like to become a committee member let me know.

Edited by Lafiel
  • Like 1

It's funny you should bring this up, since I was just today reading about America's Cup. A lot of people from the island where I'm vacationing at was hired as crew and sailing masters on yachts (like Yankee, Resolute, Vanitie) participating in America's Cup around the 1930s. Some of my family members as well. There's a phrase: "The Norwegian Steam"

I'm interested to see how you want to organise this considering to actually have some skill involved, and I would suggest having some more details to share before putting up the topic.

Edited by Anolytic

Location please?

Oh and date and time.  :ph34r:

I'm sure it will be found out in due time....oh and they where talking about like a short 15 min race around an island points.  That is just boring...do one that is about an hour long course that you can go around islands deep and shallow water and there can be more than one route.  Now that is a race.

Currently this idea is in its infancy so is subject to change depending on feedback.

The format will be as follows -

Races will take place in Open World.

Races will be held once a month.

Races will be officiated by a race committee which will be present at each race and serve as the start/finish line boats.

Participants must register for each race the weekend before, anyone not registered will not be allowed to participate.

Races will begin and end at a free town so as to allow for anyone to enter the race.

There will be 3 categories - singles, clans, and nationals, with varying degrees of difficulty.

There will be an entry fee of $100,000 per person, winning person, clan, or national team take all.

Race courses will follow a roughly triangular course so as to have a upwind, downwind, and crosswind leg, covering all points of sail.

Any ship may participate however they must be stock and unarmed.

Anyone tagging anyone into battle will be disqualified.

That is all I have for the moment, any thoughs, ideas or questions let me know.

Also, anyone who would like to become a committee member let me know.

You might as well just go play this on the carebear server to be honest.  

Ships should be regulated to make it more fair.  Like only Lynx and Cutters.   Prefer the trader versions so any player can race no matter what the rank is of the char.  Entry fee is kinda high for new players too so this is going to be only for the elite fee.  One week sign up is going to limit this too as not every one can plan things a week ahead cause some of us have actual jobs and families.

These guys can't fight so no reason for them to tag any one else in the race, but this isn't going to stop any one not involved in the race from tagging them.

• Like 1

I love this idea.

Besides is not that complicated to organize. Just establish a date, preferably a Sunday at night. You would need at leat 2 ships, one as Race committee anchored near the coast to establish a starting line, and another as the windward mark (or leeward depending the circuit). This ship at the mark, or near it (race around an island for example), is very useful if the wind changes before the race, re-positioning itself before the start. An %  amount of the prize could go to them as payment. 

When the hour is near and those interested have arrived, call for a 10-min, 5-min (no more trespassing the line), and then 1-min countdown before announcing the start.

I think the entry fee should be like 75000 - 100000. This will make the participants take the competition more seriously, not mess around or tag ships. Or you could establish an entry fee depending rank, to be fairer.

Traders cutters or lynx are indeed the best for this.