Game-Labs Forum

[suggestion] - Ports control threshold w/ no new gimmicks

Cheers captains, new and old, good and bad, humble and arrogant, midshipmen and wannabe admirals.

Myself giving little concern to map control might give an edge on how to suggest that control to be exercised by the nations.

As of now it is just a matter of steam rolling dots. It is simple, it works and it provides big fleets combat arenas ( at least for those that want to fight and not run away when faced with opposition, but I digress... ).

The scenario we have, in a nutshell, is a race and in anything but the shortest run is dull for sure. Well, it gives banter value to National News... fine.

So onto the suggestion itself.

We have the new mechanics coming with Lords and Diplomacy and new Port battles mechanics, all fine and dandy.

Now, a conquered port it is nothing but a dot in the map until it is actually used by the nation and thus I propose that during the cooldown period after a successful capture the victorious nation must do a loose combination of the following to ensure that after that cooldown period the port doesn't return to Neutral or previous port holder:

- establish outposts on the conquered port in equal or greater number than that of the conquered nation - yes, blind. Like a gamble against " previous owners" port loyalty. Ex. previous owners have 1 outpost, it suffices for the new owners to have 1 outpost.

- when cooldown period ends, ownership is verified.

Well, it will surely change the Economic game a lot and provide meaningful Empire growth and expansion.

• Like 1

admin was thinking transporting immigrants in but decided it was too much like a job to do it for the people who took it and not a fun one for the nation at large.......i think that was the jist.

i do think that there should be 3 parts to ports capping,growing and maintaining but with low population and no carrots to perform these tasks its a bit of a fail before launch............once they finish getting tage one fixed they might be able to start looking at diversifying the development onto things like that trade xp, trader goals, explorer goals etc etc and i put this in that basket.

Maintaining a town should be nothing more than keeping the Pirates at bay.

Should Pirates execute a successful raid (read new port battle), then the town should become a free/neutral town.