Game-Labs Forum

Sail Ho or Sail No

This topic is a joke. Do not support AFK sailing, Either you are aware of your surrounding or you die.

That is true. Happened to me yesterday night again. Was tagged on my Traders Brig on my 3rd trip from Mayag. to Mortimer.

I gave up checking the horizon after the 2nd trip.

I started reading an online newspaper. (captain in his cabin).

Would a 'Drum Beat to Quarters' had helped me? Maybe...

There a PRO and CONS.

Right now, I don´t mind that much, if I loose the cargo every 3rd or 4th trip.

But personally, I believe it´d add to realism to the game.

Captains need a BREAK, somehow.

90 minutes ?

Oh boy, I am going to test this....maybe you assume perfect winds all the time.

I put my money on this....Mortimer - Gustavia > 90 minutes....and yes if the captain is sleeping in the cabin,

he is not able to give orders to set sails into the wind correctly...

I don't assume nor do I use the GPS sites. I know.

Do Maritime crews even have beat to quarters ? Are they Navy ? Honest question as the way I see it, when you are in a trader you are a merchant captain and when in a warship you are indeed a Navy captain.

Hethwill. I don't know the answer as to merchant ships having Drum Beat to Quarters or not. I would, however, think they had some method to call General Quarters - be it the ships bell or bosun's whistle - to prepare the ship for any impending danger such as violent storms or coming under attack. 

• Like 1

Was tagged on my Traders Brig on my 3rd trip from Mayag. to Mortimer.

You were afk sailing in a trader in known roaming grounds for WO (King of Crowns) and TDA?  Plus the Dutch and Swedes now have a presence as well.

Hethwill. I don't know the answer as to merchant ships having Drum Beat to Quarters or not. I would, however, think they had some method to call General Quarters - be it the ships bell or bosun's whistle - to prepare the ship for any impending danger such as violent storms or coming under attack. 

Okay then. Let us have it, drums and shout and merchant sailors screaming mercy :)

With a On/Off switch in the options please, for us folk that can't be bothered with such afk contraptions.

• Like 1