Game-Labs Forum

Mission markers need to have their visibility distance increased by a lot

Pretty much says it all lol..

It's clear to me that something you guys did recently, completely borked the visibility of mission markers..

Idk if it's this ridiculous fog, that never goes away or if you actually adjusted the visibility distance but please change it back.. increase the visibility by a lot please.

This is annoying.. If you make missions annoying, you're going to push PVE players out of the game and right now they are annoying to find.

@ OP : I can't understand how you could find current icon less visible than before :

Mission icons are much brighter so you can see it from loooong distance

+ OW mission distance has been reduced. Often missions are near(er) the coasts.

+ OW spyglass helps

Now, mission Icons are far easier to find. Maybe your screen parameters need some adjustments? 

Please no red or other flashy colors. White is fine.

Just make them Red or some other color that stands out. Also allow anyone in your Group to be able to see your mission marker. There is Zero reason to make them visble futher away then you would see a ship

That's the exact point I'm trying to make.. You DON'T see them, when you WOULD see a ship.. You don't see them until they are much closer than you would see a ship..

@ OP : I can't understand how you could find current icon less visible than before :

Mission icons are much brighter so you can see it from loooong distance

+ OW mission distance has been reduced. Often missions are near(er) the coasts.

+ OW spyglass helps

Now, mission Icons are far easier to find. Maybe your screen parameters need some adjustments? 

Please no red or other flashy colors. White is fine.

It was like that last week. Then like 3 or 4 days ago it changed and became very hard to see.

Here is part of the problem. This fog. Here is a picture of me, sitting right in front of port, looking directly at the dock, from point blank range..

You can't even see the dock.. I'm looking right at it, so close I can enter the port..

This fog seems to be persistent even in the best of weather. It eases up, but it never fully disappears now.. 

It seems they increased fog density and persistence but increased the visibility range of markers?

Which obviously helps not at all, when the fog is completely covering the markers..

This is a real issue. I know people who won't even do missions anymore, because it's becoming ridiculous to find the missions.

People do not log in to play a game and ENJOY their time. So that they can sail around in a circle for an hour, trying to find a marker that is incredibly hard to see.

post-22717-0-51442100-1464649676_thumb.jpg