Game-Labs Forum

while not a pirate

yeah its a misunderstanding, I was somewhat implying the opposite , that i feel pirates /shouldn't have access to the ships above 4th rate , lest they be captured and taken ( a feature which has since been removed), Id like to see the faction behave and feel more well, piratey , atm it feels like an organized military power with access to whatever a Nation does, you don't feel exiled or hunted or targeted by nations as there's no political link ive seen the polls and such and cast my die regarding the rates of ships and "what should be addressed next"

But RE:pirate ships, id like to see older still ships , predated maybe a century further , old race built Elizabethan galleons for example and ships of its ilk ,ships that should be retired but aren't because of lack of proper shipyards to produce modern vessels, granted they wouldn't be THE power on the seas, but atm all pirate as a faction feels like is a glorified nation because society says pirates are cool it doesn't have the feel of being constantly prey and grabbing what you can as you run.

there's an abundance of things id like to talk about tbh even re political structure and trade and letters of marque and allied nations etc , but i get a little anxious making suggestions so apologies if i refrain xD

Sorry Hornblower as well if i explained poorly before :3

• Like 4

yeah its a misunderstanding, I was somewhat implying the opposite , that i feel pirates /shouldn't have access to the ships above 4th rate , lest they be captured and taken ( a feature which has since been removed), Id like to see the faction behave and feel more well, piratey , atm it feels like an organized military power with access to whatever a Nation does, you don't feel exiled or hunted or targeted by nations as there's no political link ive seen the polls and such and cast my die regarding the rates of ships and "what should be addressed next"

But RE:pirate ships, id like to see older still ships , predated maybe a century further , old race built Elizabethan galleons for example and ships of its ilk ,ships that should be retired but aren't because of lack of proper shipyards to produce modern vessels, granted they wouldn't be THE power on the seas, but atm all pirate as a faction feels like is a glorified nation because society says pirates are cool it doesn't have the feel of being constantly prey and grabbing what you can as you run.

there's an abundance of things id like to talk about tbh even re political structure and trade and letters of marque and allied nations etc , but i get a little anxious making suggestions so apologies if i refrain xD

With the new patch the role of 3rd rates and above will change quite a bit, with the change of the Port Battle mechanics. Using Santi's will be much less common ... unles we will scramble our screening-Santi's for the Consti port battle fleet.  ;)

And how would you know? Have you played pirate?

I am hunted no matter where I go. 

I'd love to see a Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman in NA. Then I would immediately turn Pirate :P

Give the flying dutchman to the moderators, so we can instead using the banhammer send the kraken after you :P

As mentioned above, the fleet composition will change partly by mechanics and partly by design. I do not know what the intended course is with the pirates, but this patch smooths the transition if they want to introduce build restrictions on pirates.

Regarding the older ships, some weeks ago i was talking with some folks and said it would be interesting to have PvP1 timeframe 1700-1820 and PvP2 1600-1700.

That would be a very interesting choice in my eyes :)

• Like 2

And how would you know? Have you played pirate?

I am hunted no matter where I go.

I am indeed Long Beard, it'd be a bit ridiculous of me to write 3 paragraphs of what would otherwise be whimsical nonsense were I not to be a pirate.

Though due the feedback I've heard regarding the general population of the pvp servers suggests that it mostly compromises of ridiculous snide behaviour, which I can't really say I can be overly bothered with, I imagine, forums being forums I'll just get told to "pvp then", where what I'm trying to suggest is have Ai on aggro / a flagged for pvp option / a bounty system based on what nation you sack and loot the most as to if fleets will be sent to remove the blight you are amongst other things and remove the access to the grand warships, they just don't feel very, well, piratey to be quite honest.

As for the updates today, I'm looking forward to ow spyglass and Chapmans Indiaman, since the lgv appeared it's been my favourite ship to date.

Give the flying dutchman to the moderators, so we can instead using the banhammer send the kraken after you :P

As mentioned above, the fleet composition will change partly by mechanics and partly by design. I do not know what the intended course is with the pirates, but this patch smooths the transition if they want to introduce build restrictions on pirates.

Regarding the older ships, some weeks ago i was talking with some folks and said it would be interesting to have PvP1 timeframe 1700-1820 and PvP2 1600-1700.

That would be a very interesting choice in my eyes :)

- Willing to trade my soul for the Pearl for 13 years :') hint hint (offers there devs)

On point, yeah one would hope they do utilise the way the games shifting at this point to introduce more unique mechanics as you say, though I'd like them to keep all the ships condensed and available to everyone , it'd be a shame to limit the older vessels to solely pirates / 1 server should they happen, I'm sure the eitc would put them to use should they be rescued from our kind again :')

no apologies at all. it was my misunderstanding, not yours. besides, you've put it better than I ever could. I do agree with you, tho. if real world pirates of that era had a certain class of ship, then it should be so in NA

Edited by Capt Hornblower

As Ella said to me in game, a pirate, in a Victory ? the devs apparently have said they wont be introducing earlier ship types such as a Race Built, or ships from the 1600's as it wouldn't be in time frame etc. however, being a Pirate in a ship of the line, also wouldn't be in time frame either, I know it would limit the Pirate career somewhat, but quite frankly, except for big shooty bangy co-op missions, there is no call for anything bigger than a frigate for  the pirates , as that wouldn't be their modus operandi .

• Like 2