Game-Labs Forum

Cutter swarm suggestion.

Make the basic cutter available only to first rank players, and only at the home port. Make it incapable of initiating PVP combat, or joining PVP combat on the attacking side.

Introduce a mechanic where you can lose XP in exchange for gold.

This way, if you're a higher level player and get stuck without a ship somewhere, and with no money to buy one, you can dump XP in exchange for gold in order to either get enough money to buy a small ship (punishing you for your bad planning by making you lose XP), or get low enough rank to be able to TP to the home port and use a basic cutter to start over.

Edited by Musuko42

Remove basic cutters, people will just buy the 10$ not-basic cutters. They cost less than one log of compass wood.

I've heard that AI-crafted ships are going to be phased out. I could be wrong. But if that's the case, people might be a lot less loose with ships if you have to craft or buy player-made ships.

No. What if I don't have any friends, run out of money, and run out of ships? I am literally dead in the water and have to delete and re-create my character to get anyways. Negative XP is also just a horrid suggestion as it is literally punishing players.

Awful suggestion.

Oddly enough this is just another problem that players can solve by themselves... swarm the cutters with mercuries... 

Everytime someone has a bad game experience they wants the devs to do something about it... 

Try organise, counter etc.... it is possible to actually solve things out without the devs...

Oddly enough this is just another problem that players can solve by themselves... swarm the cutters with mercuries... 

Everytime someone has a bad game experience they wants the devs to do something about it... 

Try organise, counter etc.... it is possible to actually solve things out without the devs...

Sure.

I've never had it happen to me. I made this suggestion in response to comments I've seen others make about what they consider to be a problem; the mass use of free cutters to swamp larger ships.

Instead of accusing the suggestion-maker of being butthurt, I'd ask instead that you actually respond to the suggestion made.

No. What if I don't have any friends, run out of money, and run out of ships?

Did you not read my post? You spend XP to get money, which will either let you buy a ship, or take you to the lowest rank where you can teleport back to your home port and pick up a free cutter from there. You'd never be stuck with no way out.

Precisely fox2run. The enemy in a war, is always looking for the new idea to try to see what it does. Poofy bitching because you are out thought just means you are in the wrong game and have not an iota of an idea as to what war is.

There was an earlier whine from someone about ramming. There were ships built in history with the specific job of ramming. A captain of a war ship, will use his ship to ram an enemy. On this occasion, the devs made the terrible mistake of reducing the effect of ramming because a poor boy had his ship sunk from ramming.

The devs must take into full account, the history of the game they are making. The attrition of war should be seriously looked into. I mean, where do the 500+ replacement crew come from in the middle of the ocean after a battle?