Game-Labs Forum

NA graveyard / retirement/ exile members

Wilson09

Having played the game for some time, having posted a lot and having

acquired the desired ship (Santi), I decided to put the game to bed.

Having decided that already many times, deinstalled the game,

I always came back to have a look. So, I witnessed some "addiction" (always

can happen at MMO, you get used to log-in every day),

the game is soaking up my real time.

I am not sure, but I think the main reason for logging in again and again have been the

"teleport optimization" and the labour hours being introduced (they run in the "background

of the game" and "force" you to log in if you don´t want to loose a valuable ressocurce).

So, I created this final thread, for 3 reasons

1) give the devs a feedback about the leave

2) letting others who know me, know why, also giving a voice to the "quiet" leaver group

3) helping others to rethink their game patterns

In-game-name: Wilson09

Faction: Pirates (starting faction: Dutch)

Best game experience: (5 reasons max.)

- generally first 50h

- when I was packed on a Traders Snow and a Brits fleet captured me (happened once)

- when I was on a private "bounty" mission, trying to capture a friend deep in Dutch waters

- every battle I came out "top" being underdog

- joining the FTS-pirate clan for a "real pirate bounty mission" (sadly, they switched to British)

Main reasons for retirement: (5 reasons max.)

- real life issues (game time taking away life time)

- lack of content, repetitive gaming

- lack of clear game concept (mixture of everything, pirate mechanics, PvP, PvE, small battles,

a-historical, not realistic, game more and more like "Naval clan wars")

- lack of information (for example: boarding, why is that?)

- no challenge, feeling of getting bored by playing (don´t learn anything anymore)

Will you come back (yes/no, depending on):

Yes. Will have a look at the final product. Doubt next few "patches" will change matters quickly.

It takes time to evolve, if so.

Would you recommend the game:

I dont regret buying the game, though I think it is "overprized". 20 Euro should do

for an Alpha. 37 is way too much. So: NO. I´d tell everybody, wait for final release,

buy only when you excactly know what you get.

Final words/suggestions:

I was always wondering, what happened for this game if there was no "grind"?

Unlock everything for all, right from the beginning, then you find out,

if you have a game. Everyone on a Santissima?

So, others (and my friends) who read this and finally decide to quit,

use this format as follows:

In-game-name:

Faction:

Best game experience: (5 reasons max.)

Will you come back (yes/no, depending on):

Would you recommend the game:

Final words/suggestions:

Edited by Wilson09

- no challenge, feeling of getting stupid by playing (don´t learn anything), no intelligence/knowledge needed

Do you pvp? If so, you wouldn't put this. I recommend you try pvp. That is where the content is, that is where it isn't repetitive, and that is where you have to use your brain.  That is, if you attack larger ships and sail around in 5th rates or smaller.  Try solo or small group pvp.  The game shines in solo or small group pvp, and the organized Trafalgars.

• Like 4

Prater?

This is NOT a thread for questioning my game-play or posts like this.

DID YOU DO THIS ? DID YOU DO THAT? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? WHY DON´t you enjoy the game?

------

I did PvP most of the time having joined 3 different clans. Example for single PvP. Last night.

The British attack on Jeremie and the other port. 1h sailing, from Mortimer. 1h camping infront of the port

(PortBattle defense was 1st and 2nd rates only), PvP? We tagged a single CONSTI 10 vs. 1. Being bored,

I finished off a Dutch and Danish basic cutter. Teleport back to Mortimer. AI fleeting on the Santi (another 1h)

To sum it up: 4 hours ingame time I did not enjoy.

-------

Please respect my intention for this thread.

Edited by Wilson09

Do you pvp? If so, you wouldn't put this. I recommend you try pvp. That is where the content is, that is where it isn't repetitive, and that is where you have to use your brain.  That is, if you attack larger ships and sail around in 5th rates or smaller.  Try solo or small group pvp.  The game shines in solo or small group pvp, and the organized Trafalgars.

Prater?

This is NOT a thread for questioning my game-play or posts like this.

DID YOU DO THIS ? DID YOU DO THAT? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? WHY DON´t you enjoy the game?

Prater in no manner attacked you or insulted you. In fact, it appears he genuinely was hoping to direct you to something that make the game more enjoyable for you. He gave you a recommendation, and then gave a reason as to why he thinks you should do so. No attacks, no insults, no flame. (Honestly this is very nice to see considering the National News just next door.)

Furthermore he's right: half the fun I have had was engaging in PvP/RvR with fellow players. It's a whole new gaming experience beyond harassing NPCs. Coordinating with and having to adapt to a live, thinking enemy really is a thrill.

• Like 2

Yes that game does still lack alot of valuable content to make this game epic, i do feel that there is alot of gameplay where there is no action, maybe just making the teleport's instant between outposts and no ship teleports to encourage players being there and battling is better then most waiting around doing nothing because they cant afford to burn a TP, there is far to much in-activity in this game considering the world is so big, the grind is slow for most i feel are casual players so they hide in the most remote places so they can grind without being ganked, players will come join the world when they are ready though hopefully its not a world with just santi's from all the isolated grinders, IMO the more money i have the more i want to test new things and practice as i know i have funds to back it up, if u make grinding to hard and rates to easy to get and keep without any real restrictions then we will have these issues of players getting bored, I've been here since 2014 and still going, i have hated quite a few things that have been implemented and others that should have been but this is the dev's way of learning, what some feel is easy to fix others might find hard or find other faults with these theories, hopefully we can find the right balance and get the game flowing better.

Furthermore he's right: half the fun I have had was engaging in PvP/RvR with fellow players. It's a whole new gaming experience beyond harassing NPCs. Coordinating with and having to adapt to a live, thinking enemy really is a thrill.

As I know.

AI "fleeting" and missions are the most dull thing I experienced in gaming after having done them 10 times.

So, I stopped that. PvP and small battles (clan mates not ready or doing something else) have been my

main experience since. But, finally. Every player looks at his personal "balance".

Thrill vs. in-game-time? Is it worth it?

Read my post again...

- real life issues (game time taking away life time)