Game-Labs Forum

Chat access limited

Pablo Frias

It's certainly not nothing, since the ban system is not an automated system. All reports are checked by the devs, so if you got a chat ban (and you should have gotten a pop up message in game informing you about it), you can be sure that devs looked over what exactly you said and decided that it's worthy of a ban.

There are no false chat bans in the game unless it's due to a misclick but that has never happened to my knowledge. It is most likely that your chat was inappropriate and seen by a moderator and you were banned or your chat was reported and after internal review it was deemed worthy of a chat ban. If Ink sees this he can possibly look through the logs and verify the reason for the ban.

It's certainly not nothing, since the ban system is not an automated system. All reports are checked by the devs, so if you got a chat ban (and you should have gotten a pop up message in game informing you about it), you can be sure that devs looked over what exactly you said and decided that it's worthy of a ban.

I haven´t recived that message

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In most of the countries that play this game we have the freedom to say what we will regardless of "how controversial" the topic may be. It looks to me like something that would have been said in jest.

I have now been banned yet again without any statement as to why or how long. Not that I wouldn't have some idea as of why. It's just that I have NEVER gotten any reason for my chat being "limited", not once.

I have a suggestion, how about a chat "filter" that can be turned on and off by the client? So that people that cannot handle vulgar words and phrases don't have to see them? Seeing as how most other MMO's have them. It would seem the best solution as it would appease the weak and wouldn't anger people like me who prefer to communicate in such ways.

In most of the countries that play this game you are not allowed to say anything you want while on other's property.  You're in Admin's house, under Admin's rules.  He would like to keep the game relatively troll and flame free.  If you are unable to control yourself and treat others with respect, you're playing the wrong game.  :)

You may find that there are a lot more people like me than you think. I payed my money, I'll play as I like. I offered the suggestion as a way to ease any tension but I can see that you would just prefer to provoke me rather than be open to suggestions to make life easier/better for all those involved.

I play as a pirate because I have the attitude of a pirate. And I have met many others that feel the same.

In most of the countries that play this game you are not allowed to say anything you want while on other's property.

Just FYI this statement is false. Our rights don't stop at someone's door.

I never saw any such "rules" when I bought this game through steam, downloaded it, installed it, or when I opened it for the 1st time. Please enlighten me as to where these rules have been posted either in the game or on steam as of the 31st of January of this year, as I do not go to any game forums for any such information and am under no obligation to do so.

Edited by Decaff

You don't have to like my opinion but I will get the higher-up's attention. You can keep deleting my comments but I'm really good at getting a message out. 

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed insults.

There is only one person who can do that, but likely not until tomorrow.   Please put your in-game name here so that a developer can look at the logs and determine the reason you were banned.

Please follow the rules on the forums and in the game.  Further violations will result in a warning.