Game-Labs Forum

The st pavel?

While they only have 1 dura, they will blow a pavel out of the water making 1st rates relatively expensive ships, but they are unmatched

Can confirm, Santi vs Pavel, even starting both with full HP, the Santi can get a Pavel down to 10% hull and fire a couple of grape broadsides before the Pavel gets a Santi down to 50% on 1 side.

I love the Pavel. Its entirely dependent on what kind of captain you are. Pavels great for boarding in SOL battles. Its fast and more agile than the bigger ships and if you load it out correctly shes still formidable in the line fighting. By this i mean a typical Pavel boarding load out for me consists of 24med-24meds-24carros and nothing on the weather deck. I use 24 meds for the reduced crew needed to reload so you can take more marines. The deck of carros reloads so fast that it allows for quick changes to grape and allows you to constantly put damage out while in a brawl.

Other points to mention shes a better shape than the first rates and more capable of bouncing rounds if you know how to. With build strength shes 10k + side structures if that tickles your fancy. Build strength + a perma planking upgrade makes her super tanky but as slow as a vic.  

For raw damage output the vics/santi is better but as a good captain should know its not all about the damage output. Damage mitigation and positioning/maneuvering is what wins battles. 

• Like 1

I love the Pavel. Its entirely dependent on what kind of captain you are. Pavels great for boarding in SOL battles. Its fast and more agile than the bigger ships and if you load it out correctly shes still formidable in the line fighting. By this i mean a typical Pavel boarding load out for me consists of 24med-24meds-24carros and nothing on the weather deck. I use 24 meds for the reduced crew needed to reload so you can take more marines. The deck of carros reloads so fast that it allows for quick changes to grape and allows you to constantly put damage out while in a brawl.

Other points to mention shes a better shape than the first rates and more capable of bouncing rounds if you know how to. With build strength shes 10k + side structures if that tickles your fancy. Build strength + a perma planking upgrade makes her super tanky but as slow as a vic.  

For raw damage output the vics/santi is better but as a good captain should know its not all about the damage output. Damage mitigation and positioning/maneuvering is what wins battles. 

Did you use Optimized Ballast on your Pavel?