Game-Labs Forum

I would love to see...

The USS Pennsylvania. I know it is a bit of an obscure ship, but it is an historical ship...even if it only sailed once and was burned. What a match for the Santistima that would be. I would think it more pointed that some of the ships that never received their glory should be able to do so in this game,

Someone with more knowledge on the ship would have to check this. The Wikipedia article on her says she was ordered in 1816, laid down in 1821, but not launched until 1837. The way the article reads (to me, at least) is that by the time she was launched, they updated the load out to use shell cannons. It doesn't say what her original 1816-21 armament was supposed to be, but if it were older cannon, she could still be put in with appropriate cannon.

Unless there's something else about the design that's too 'next gen' to make it workable.

The problem with Pennsylvania is that if you add the ship you wouldn't be able to do her justice either way.

When launched, she had explosive shells which would make every ship in the game obsolete -or- you'd have to fit her with anachronistic smooth bore long guns.

There are good candidates for "Santi equivalents" that remain within the period and one of them is already in the works: the French Océan, and if you need another one add the Caledonia.