Game-Labs Forum

PvP 3 eu Player numbers

Admiraal Mitholyn

Dear Devs and Admins,

I have some sad news which i hope you already noticed but just to be sure im making this post about it. PvP 3 EU is almost always empty of players.

Lots and Lots of players made a switch to PvP 1 eu because there is more action going on (logical today (24-3-16) PvP 3 has 50 people online and PvP 1 is already on medium).

Yes i know the servers will be merged at one point, but im just wondering why not merge the server asap? lots of people are losing intrest in the game because PvP 3 is more a dead server then an alive one.

U cant organise port battles or nice pvp battles because most of the server is empty and the people that are online just wanna do their missions. 

Ofcourse thats not the only reason people are losing intrest its also content but im hoping you guys are working hard on that!

Yours Sincerly,

A worried PvP 3 captain

-Admiraal Mitholyn

• Like 2

I agree. If it is feasible there should be one main server for all because this small amount of players sprinkled across these servers really takes a way the potential for a truly living world.

I don't mean to be a downer here, but this game as much as I personally love it, and likely so does everyone who posts on these forums. But the game has a very limited market of individuals because the age of sail does not appeal to everyone, and the long sailing times between place to place would be a turn off to others as well. In short there is a niche market for this game. Why is this an important factor? Because the amount of people is quite limited (it will grow, but only gradually), so splitting this already limited base across all servers will affect everyone through times of inactivity.

You need a large player base to keep PvP going, you need a large player base to keep the economy running and prices competitive. So the best course of action (if feasible with hardware and network) is to keep the maximum amount of players together on one server.

Dear Devs and Admins,

I have some sad news which i hope you already noticed but just to be sure im making this post about it. PvP 3 EU is almost always empty of players.

Lots and Lots of players made a switch to PvP 1 eu because there is more action going on (logical today (24-3-16) PvP 3 has 50 people online and PvP 1 is already on medium).

Yes i know the servers will be merged at one point, but im just wondering why not merge the server asap? lots of people are losing intrest in the game because PvP 3 is more a dead server then an alive one.

U cant organise port battles or nice pvp battles because most of the server is empty and the people that are online just wanna do their missions. 

Ofcourse thats not the only reason people are losing intrest its also content but im hoping you guys are working hard on that!

Yours Sincerly,

A worried PvP 3 captain

-Admiraal Mitholyn

They should just merge all three PvP servers, PvP2US is losing people daily.

As a Captain from PvP2, I can confirm this.

haha we know it's that easy, but it would be nice to have a merge and be able to keep what we have spent months building up.

It s true, but if you have the rank, many guilds will give you all you need :) 

What is the best : poor on a living server or riche in an empty server ? ^^

Any mergers should be part of a reset.

Any reset should be part of a new, big feature -- perhaps land in battles will be cause for a reset, which sounds like it may be coming soon.

But any reset + new features may bring a lot of people back to try it and you'll have login queues if there's only 1 server.

• Like 2

Any mergers should be part of a reset.

Any reset should be part of a new, big feature -- perhaps land in battles will be cause for a reset, which sounds like it may be coming soon.

But any reset + new features may bring a lot of people back to try it and you'll have login queues if there's only 1 server.

I wouldn't mind a little queue if I knew the server was packed and had a lot more to offer and more people to fight.

I wouldn't mind a little queue if I knew the server was packed and had a lot more to offer and more people to fight.

I don't know that the people currently avoiding PvP fights will stop avoiding them if the server is more crowded. There is always an empty port somewhere to run missions out of or grind NPC fleets.

I was a bit annoyed during our last war where the enemy would simply not appear until port battle window time, and then they would appear as a densely packed clump, sail straight to the port battle, do the fight and then sail straight out and disappear. The whole rest of the day they were nowhere to be found, presumably off in some distant port running missions or grinding fleets. You'd think PvP was some kind of chore interrupting them from important PvE business.

Higher population won't make people like that actually go out and hunt and fight.

The problem, I think, is more fundamental. Packing the servers together is a very short-term band-aid, at best.

Moving yourself may be fine for those that just want to fight. 

For those of us that have spent hundreds of hours getting out trading and crafting set up it is nowhere near as painless.

Cant see myself bothering unless they provide a way to move with our BPs intact (critical), and some materials/money to allow us to keep going.

I hear where you're coming from Slamz, and I don't want to move unless I really have to as Lord Howe mentioned, but a server with 3 to 4 times the amount of people, there will be more to do, more trade, more large scale battles. I've played on pvp 1 before coming to pvp 2, heck I didn't even want to leave pvp1 but I made the choice to go where my group wanted to go. Hopefully whatever decision is made will make any transition smooth.