Game-Labs Forum

Boarding fitted privateers/officers

admin

While we are on the topic of boarding, yesterday I made probably the biggest mistake I ever made in this game. I was doing the post captain mission VS 2 conni's in my conni. Just before bedtime, so I might not have been at my sharpest. I was sailing yardarm to yardarm with this conni, as he had snuck up close to me while trading broadsides. The whole side armour of the guy was gone, and i thought he's a sinker, we were going about 8 knots, suddenly he starts slowing down. I was thinking hell no i'm going to give you another broadside or two before you sink, so i slowed down as fast as I could.

When I realised what his plan was and what a mistake i was making, I tried to speed up, but I was allready at 2,8 knots. And oh yess the yellow words "Pulling" pop up. He was still at 380 crew vs my undercrewed 350 in my conni. As I knew he had marines, and I had nothing to board (1 dura capped conni). I started to disengage, but on the 4th round my moral got to 0 and i lost. The guy took out 88 of my crew in his first attack.

I felt so dumb I lost a fight this way I actualy allready won... won't ever let that happen again. But it was just a capped conni, so i'll just get myself another one.

Also noticed that AI 3rd rates are  not stopping their reload at +-300 crew now but rather at +-200. Anyone else noticed?