Game-Labs Forum

Changing nation?

Hey,

I play as a french but i'm getting really tired from them also i'd like to join another faction but it is possible to switch faction because i mostly play with sverige players and i cannot join any missions or group so they only do pvp or fleet for me.

IS there any possibility to change nation without loosing at least xp and rank

You simply have to delete your current character and create the new one and you will keep your rank and xp. However, you will lose all ships, resources, gold etc unless you find a friendly that you trust to hold your items and give them back to you.

You simply have to delete your current character and create the new one and you will keep your rank and xp. However, you will lose all ships, resources, gold etc unless you find a friendly that you trust to hold your items and give them back to you.

Ok thanks

Edited by Lenecro

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It shouldn't be that easy becoming a pirate. That has to be altered. Actually you could deal it with almost no losses in assets when putting your mats to free towns. In my opinion it has to be stopped that you can change to pirates. I suggest pirates should be treated like the other nations: after making decision you ve to stay in your nation. If you want to change nation you have to start at "zero"

Yet the gemeplay doesn't make any sense: If it works bad for your nation you change to pirate and suddenly you are a winner ? Hm that's too easy dear devs ;D

It should be very easy to become a pirate: attack a warship from a country yours isn't at war with that didn't attack you first, or attack any trader ship would be two examples. Big BUT here. If there were no one left to report it, (you scuttle the ship and drop the cargo at places you aren't known) why would you instantly be declared a pirate? Piracy is a crime: no witnesses; no evidence; no crime; no consequence. If you are spotted, however, there should be serious and costly repercussions. Any and all ships, goods and buildings (and gold the nations can get their hands on) are confiscated.

Make it so Pirate can not be selected as a starting faction, and the cost high enough to make it the serious crime it was, and you may have less people choosing the pirate life.

The set up now in place is so completely unrealistic that nothing you do really has all that much effect on your life as a ship's captain and owner. There is little to no maintenance and upkeep. Provisions are being considered, but non-pirates don't seem to worry about maintaining ships or paying their crews and that, more than any other factor, kept pirate ships small.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but the pirate situation is related to having nations. In the time of sail Nationality defined who your were. Even the most mercenary of the privateers would hesitate to sign on with their nation's enemies -- it just wasn't done. A lot of pirates (some of whom were out of work privateers) became pirates as a protest against their "country" -- Queen Anne's Revenge was named that for a reason.  Declaring a change of country, especially in time of war, was considered treason. You may find a home with your new masters, but to your previous countrymen, you are a traitor and little more than a pirate yourself. The current situation of starting a new character (even with the same name) seems to reflect that part of it at least.