Game-Labs Forum

Justice served.

Fletch

Yesterday I re- rolled on EU pvp 1 server. Despite being the rank of Post Captain, I find my self penniless and in a basic cutter.

I undock from Port Royal and decide I better hunt some contraband merchants to make some coin for a decent ship.

Off I sail, and before long I find a smuggler in a trade snow, I am careful not to drag anyone else into battle and when the coast is clear I engage.

I am a bit rusty and leave a bit of a chase but i catch up and start chaining the sails.

Then the tell tale lag spike tells me I am no longer alone. Another Brit sailing a Brig. I clearly state my intention to capture the trader and I pull along side and start sweeping the decks with grape.

The Brig captain does not reply and is firing solid shot from a distance and I think, ok he wants some xp.

To my astonishment he catches up to us, cuts across the trader and proceeds to board it from under my nose.

I was fuming after all the work I had put in, so I sailed out in a big circle,he was parked across the Snows bow.

I came in full speed along side the Snow and rammed the Brig mid ships. I had intended to brake the boarding action but the resault was much more rewarding. My cutter rode up on to the Brigs deck and pushed it downwards I kept pushing him at full speed and he sank within half a minute.

Now not only was the Brig sunk his boarding action had reduced the crew on the Trader to a number below my basic cutter so I could continue with my boarding action without the need for further grape shot.

• Like 25

I had a somewhat similar experience. It didn't turn out so well for the greedy snow either, who tried boarding the trader's brig in front of me. His boarding got interrupted and soon after he capsized his own snow against the trader. I could proceed as normal :D

• Like 1