Game-Labs Forum

Some Race/OW to battle/nation change suggestions

Hello! Since it will be long before the devs implement some Nation changes, i think it will be good to make a lot of suggestions about it, so they may have some large base to think on.

I see two ways of changing Nations and Pirates without doing some really drasical stuff.

1. Implement xp decay for all. Remove xp for pirates. Replace it with lets say gold xp and battle xp. For example,for a Raider to get Ravager he needs to donate 200k gold in his capital. Once a Ravager, a slow battle xp decay starts from 100%. Something like 20k or 10% per Ravager day that needs to be refilled. Decay only works while logged in. Once you whole battle xp meter depletes, you cant enter PBs. In order to be able to enter PBs again, you need to refill 30% of it. You can do it 2 ways. With gold or with battle xp. Depletion is calculated and implied at the end of the day. Depletion affects the crew. 5% depleted battle xp equals 1% crew skill loss(will explain the crew skill loss later). Oh.. and in order for a Ravager to get to Demon, he needs to pay the dacayed %, if there is one, and the Demon tax.

2. Nationals that attacks their own now become neutral(unproven) pirates. In order to prove themselves, they need to assist Pirates a number of times in OW pvp battle. Pirates(not neutral pirates) can now become Nationals. In order to do so, they need buy themselves something like a national passport. National passport costs 500k. When a pirate becomes a national, he loses 1 or 2 xp ranks.

And now.. lets see the crew skill loss.

I think it should be different for every nation or at least for pirates.

For example for every 1% crew skill loss:

1. Pirates -  lose 2 points of maximum morale, and  +0,5% dispersion per 100m- all negatives, gain 0,2% ship speed - positive.

2. Brits -  lose 0,5% reload rate, gain 0,2% gun penetration.

3. Americans - lose 0,5% ship turn rate and acceleration(sail rising speed), gain 0,2% reload rate.

4. Spain - lose 0,5% close haul speed and close haul turn rate, gain 0,2% gun damage.

5. French - lose 0,5% beam reach speed and acceleration, gain -0,2% dispersion per 100m

6. Dutch - lose 0,5% gun penetration, gain -0,2% ship roll angle.

7. Denmark - lose 0,5% upwind speed and acceleration,gain -0,2% rudder and masts turn time.

8. Sverige - lose 0,5% reload rate, gain 0,2% gun damage.

9. All lose 1% BR

Some calculations may be a bit off, but i will make them once i have more time if interested.

What do you think ?

Why Punish or tax players who play....you are essentially charging your player base a fee for playing... not every one is focusing on exp. and then punish on top of that plus if they dont upkeep their xp they are forced out of game play content....nope not in my world would i ever play a game like this...unless the rewards are far greater  but that would have to be a lot in order for me to even think about this....

LOL Just forgot to write the OW suggestion. 

Make the OW battles allways open if they are bigger than 1v1 or 2v2, BUT make it so that for every minute the spawn points inside are getting further away from their initial position when the battle started. Like the circle in PBs but expanding in time, not shrinking. This way, if someone joins at the 5th minute he will be at some big distance away from the action. This will give bigger chance for people that dont want to fight to be able to escape, while the guys that wants to fight will be able to enter a lot more often battles.

Why Punish or tax players who play....you are essentially charging your player base a fee for playing... not every one is focusing on exp. and then punish on top of that plus if they dont upkeep their xp they are forced out of game play content....nope not in my world would i ever play a game like this...unless the rewards are far greater  but that would have to be a lot in order for me to even think about this....

We are not punishing anyone, just making them pay their crew. When you dont pay them, the get angry.. lose focus but some small part of them wants to prove to their captain they deserve their payment. Thats why the positives and negatives.

Hello! Since it will be long before the devs implement some Nation changes, i think it will be good to make a lot of suggestions about it, so they may have some large base to think on.

I see two ways of changing Nations and Pirates without doing some really drasical stuff.

1. Implement xp decay for all. Remove xp for pirates. Replace it with lets say gold xp and battle xp. For example,for a Raider to get Ravager he needs to donate 200k gold in his capital. Once a Ravager, a slow battle xp decay starts from 100%. Something like 20k or 10% per Ravager day that needs to be refilled. Decay only works while logged in. Once you whole battle xp meter depletes, you cant enter PBs. In order to be able to enter PBs again, you need to refill 30% of it. You can do it 2 ways. With gold or with battle xp. Depletion is calculated and implied at the end of the day. Depletion affects the crew. 5% depleted battle xp equals 1% crew skill loss(will explain the crew skill loss later). Oh.. and in order for a Ravager to get to Demon, he needs to pay the dacayed %, if there is one, and the Demon tax.

2. Nationals that attacks their own now become neutral(unproven) pirates. In order to prove themselves, they need to assist Pirates a number of times in OW pvp battle. Pirates(not neutral pirates) can now become Nationals. In order to do so, they need buy themselves something like a national passport. National passport costs 500k. When a pirate becomes a national, he loses 1 or 2 xp ranks.

And now.. lets see the crew skill loss.

I think it should be different for every nation or at least for pirates.

1. Pirates -  lose 2 points of maximum morale, and  +0,5% dispersion per 100m- all negatives, gain 0,2% ship speed - positive.

3. Americans - lose 0,5% ship turn rate and acceleration(sail rising speed), gain 0,2% reload rate.

4. Spain - lose 0,5% close haul speed and close haul turn rate, gain 0,2% gun damage.

5. French - lose 0,5% beam reach speed and acceleration, gain -0,2% dispersion per 100m

7. Denmark - lose 0,5% upwind speed and acceleration,gain -0,2% rudder and masts turn time.

9. All lose 1% BR

Some calculations may be a bit off, but i will make them once i have more time if interested.

What do you think ?

so you must be new to the game. it will punish people for playing one nation and not for others witch is stupid and will not work.  yes this game is a simulator but not to that point, if you had being playing since the sea trials you would know that this will not work  

1. It is an example. That means the numbers and the penalties might be totally different.

2. It rewards them too for some extend.

3. I dont see how this changes anything much. Only pirates will have to spend gold to buy ranks. All nations will just have to participate in 1-2 battles per play day to stop decay.

4. I am a pirate and btw will want to decay a lot, because in this example i dont like to board, i dont care much about dispersion and my ship will be faster.

5. If pirates are forced to spend more gold than others:

a) they will play much more with captured ships.

B) they will own much less  crafted rated ships.

c) they will attack much less ports(flag cost)

d) neutral ports will be flooded with crafted ships

e) they will have to form some kind of an agreement pacts with 1-2 nations at least and use some trickery.

f) they "äre"  very hard to play ...

Anyways, just my 2 cents .. thanks for the opinions ;/ I understand it sounds a bit too hardcore for some people.

9. All lose 1% BR

What do you think ?

I don't like arbitrary nerfs and buffs. If you can't connect them to real life generalities then this idea is to gamey in my opinion. For instance you could make a case for the British being the most disciplined and trained sailors so suffering from crew loss could have less of a penalty but why would that translate to gun penetration? The Americans also had the best sails so why would they loose acceleration?

I don't like arbitrary nerfs and buffs. If you can't connect them to real life generalities then this idea is to gamey in my opinion. For instance you could make a case for the British being the most disciplined and trained sailors so suffering from crew loss could have less of a penalty but why would that translate to gun penetration? The Americans also had the best sails so why would they loose acceleration?

That is good point. I made that up while it went, just randomly picking attributes. The whole idea never had any time to settle in my head well ;/ For me the details are not that important, cause the devs can tweak them to death, its the idea that matters.