Game-Labs Forum

Multiple crashes

Deadstuff

Hej there,

I have had some crashes the past few days. and I don't really know what it's realted to.

A reinstall does not help also a update of all drivers does not solve the problem.

Today I had a second crash this time the game crashed when I caught fire. Although I don't think it's related to that.

My specs are:

Windows 7 uptodate 

I7-3770k

AMD R9 290.

16 gb memory.

game is installed on 500GB SSD

If you need any more information plz tell me

1. Is your gpu overclocked in any manner?(factory or otherwise)

2. are your temps in check?

3. have you tried a total reinstall of drivers(not only updating but uninstalling and reinstalling them)?

I would run the game in full screen with no issues. After a certain moment I would experience sudden crashes and lock-ups. Did the crash reports and connection test reports just to ensure devs would get maximum data for future optimization.

Then I switched off the Full Screen option and had only 1 crash/lockup ever since.

1. Is your gpu overclocked in any manner?(factory or otherwise)

2. are your temps in check?

3. have you tried a total reinstall of drivers(not only updating but uninstalling and reinstalling them)?

GPU is not overclocked never was.

Temps are fine. around 85.

I have not reinstalled any drivers yet. but other games do not show any problems so it's unlikely that it is a faulty driver. 

but to make sure I wil reinstall my graphic/chip-set drivers.

@hethwill

What do you mean by connection test? my teamspeak stays connected and in other game I have played for hours and still do I do not experience any connection issues.

I just turned of fullscreen which resulted in an instant crash. but I wil keep it out of fullscreen to see if there wil be more crashes.

I have also experienced alot of disconnects with the chat wich resulted in a bugged group. (crash would reconnect tho). 

@hethwill 

https://gyazo.com/8918f691f191b37f5cd47d738f739048

did the connection test.

about the send crash report thing it seems kind of pointless to do that now because I already made this forum post.

Crash Report send useful information in logs, so always send crash report too. Please, next time you experience the crash, do both connection test and crash reports right away it happens

and another reason I don't do crash report and test connection after i crash is because I am always in battle when it crashes and I don't want to lose my ship. 

here are a couple of good reasons why you should though:

1. it might save you from future crashes if the source can be discovered which might save your ships

2. it might help others who have the same or similar issues

3. its only virtual ships anyways.

I'm getting pretty much the same thing happening too. Been happening the past week. 

Where do you send the reports/do connection test? Can I provide DXDiag info or anything? Problem is making me crazy.

Ingame reports could be sent thourgh F11 button, connection and crash report could be sent through Steam launcher 3-rd and 4-th options.

As the first step I'd try to check the temperature of GPU right after the crash happens with a program like GPU-Z, and also update GPU drivers