Game-Labs Forum

The *other* Australian option - Denmark (PvP1)

Van Diemans Demise [VDD]

No flashy sigs and banners, no extensive preamble. If you're Australian and on the PVP1 EU server and don't like being a part of the biggest nation and biggest clan, there is another clan option. Come join a tight nit group of pvpers who take things pretty easy 

Drop me a line in game or pm me on the forums. 

Prerequisite: must prefer to be the underdog.

Teamspeak is essential

chappy oluffson in game. 

Edited by chappy
  • Like 5

unless the player i talked to lied. they have like 150 members aparently ;)

I note you arent one of them? 

i'll also add that i wasnt referring to them specifically :)

Edited by chappy

I joined France recently because they are fairly under dog and france has such an interesting history in this period. Dominating on land while being denied so much in resources and manpower at sea that it makes things hard for them. They are also one of the only nations the wrested control of the seas from the British temporarily, I think to help the Americans. Built some amazing ships as well. But then so did the Danish.

I don't really keep up with the politics side of things though.

Denmark if I am not mistaken is huge in player numbers in game?

depends on the timezone i dare say. 

In the Australian timezone, from my experience, it is most certainly not.

generally speaking although I am no expert on the other tzs i got the impression it is probably 3rd or 4th largest overall

Edited by chappy

Hi chappy, 

Yeah mate we do have 140 members at the moment, but that is ranging all timezones.

The aussie's in the clan range from about 30, then we have about 20 from asia in general.

So if your feeling as though you wouldnt be getting the tender love and care becasue we are a 'big clan'  your mistaken :)

I love to rub myself up against all my aussies ;)

P.S.  I didnt mean to hijack this thread! Just a lot of chatter about us.  Join who ever you want!  Australia Denmark is best Denmark!

Edited by Wang
  • Like 2

I love to rub myself up against all my aussies ;)

This is no joke, he seriously does this even to the NA and EU squadrons.

On topic though as a fellow aussie and even though our clans will be sworn enemies due to your disgraceful nation pick :P, i wish your clan luck in its endeavours and hope that you get quite a few more aussies joining the game.

Jags

• Like 1

thanks wang but i guess its all relative. 30ish does make your aussie representation plus 20 from asia quite large imo :)

and to clarify  it was not my intention to single out any particular clan for comparison sake. That was done by the subsequent poster

Edited by chappy

no offence guys but its pretty poor form to crowd out another blokes recruitment post with sheer numbers wouldnt you say?

now i have said repeatedly that i am not drawing comparisons between us and them. danes and brits. 

but if you want to , please go ahead. just not in here and not about your clans :)

Edited by chappy
  • Like 3

Thankyou for your wellwishes zeal. 

The group is already formed, it has been in existence for more than a decade and has time in other Age of Sail games as well as titles like Eve online.  just looking to include those with a similar outlook to us if they are interested.

It is my hope we can generate real content in the Australian timezone by having a bit of a spread of aussie tz players across nations

Edited by chappy
  • Like 3

no offence guys but its pretty poor form to crowd out another blokes recruitment post with sheer numbers wouldnt you say?

Quite right. It's a very unfortunate trend, lately.

As a Canuck that has always loved visiting Australia, and for no reason better than that, it's always nice to see more of you good folks out and about ;) Best of luck!

Edited by Francis Tabernac

VDD just wrapped up a night dedicated to pvp. 

We left Vieques with 1x Constitution, 1x renomee, 1x belle poule, 1x surprise, 1x mercury and 1x snow.  (and a basic cutter.. new member)

We paid a visit to the Swedish areas, initial contacts were against lighter ships such as a Niagara and a Mercury, we split into 2 groups to tackle and chase down these. 

Once done we travelled SouthEast past the Swedish capital on a run towards plymouth.

On the way we encountered a Surprise who more or less sat there rather than run and following this a trincomelee was also chased down and sunk

By this point the Swedes had managed to form a fleet to counter us. We travelled SE towards Plymouth and assessed the situation as we travelled. Unfortunately they chose to bring the biggest fleet they could so there really wasnt any chance of engaging it in a stand up fight as their fleet consisted of 1x Pavel, 1x 3rd Rate, a constitution, 2x trincomelee, 1 x frigate, a surprise and a cerberus. There may have been more in plymouth that we could not see.

And so we entered Plymouth and teleported out.

2 of us continued with a final cruise off Ile a Vache in a surprise and renomee pair 5 minutes later.

We traveled West and NorthWest along the coast. We quickly encountered a lone British Trincomalee sailing along the coast line. Intercept courses were plotted and we rapidly closed and engaged.

The player (sorry i forget your name, but of BWITC) did fight valiently however with some stern raking and boarding by the renomee he was soon captured. He did come close to sinking the surprise however. well done sir. 

The prize turned out to be rather juicey with 5x high grade notes and 4x medium grade notes as well as a load of medium carriages on board. This was promptly shipped back to Danish territories via Parcel Post at Ile a Vache. 

All in all a good fun night of pvp that totalled a solid 3 hours or so of cruising and engaging targets

Edited by chappy

VDD just wrapped up a night dedicated to pvp. 

We left Vieques with 1x Constitution, 1x renomee, 1x belle poule, 1x surprise, 1x mercury and 1x snow.  (and a basic cutter.. new member)

We paid a visit to the Swedish areas, initial contacts were against lighter ships such as a Niagara and a Mercury, we split into 2 groups to tackle and chase down these. 

Once done we travelled SouthEast past the Swedish capital on a run towards plymouth.

On the way we encountered a Surprise who more or less sat there rather than run and following this a trincomelee was also chased down and sunk

By this point the Swedes had managed to form a fleet to counter us. We travelled SE towards Plymouth and assessed the situation as we travelled. Unfortunately they chose to bring the biggest fleet they could so there really wasnt any chance of engaging it in a stand up fight as their fleet consisted of 1x Pavel, 1x 3rd Rate, a constitution, 2x trincomelee, 1 x frigate, a surprise and a cerberus. There may have been more in plymouth that we could not see.

And so we entered Plymouth and teleported out.

2 of us continued with a final cruise off Ile a Vache in a surprise and renomee pair 5 minutes later.

We traveled West and NorthWest along the coast. We quickly encountered a lone British Trincomalee sailing along the coast line. Intercept courses were plotted and we rapidly closed and engaged.

The player (sorry i forget your name, but of BWITC) did fight valiently however with some stern raking and boarding by the renomee he was soon captured. He did come close to sinking the surprise however. well done sir. 

The prize turned out to be rather juicey with 5x high grade notes and 4x medium grade notes as well as a load of medium carriages on board. This was promptly shipped back to Danish territories via Parcel Post at Ile a Vache. 

All in all a good fun night of pvp that totalled a solid 3 hours or so of cruising and engaging targets

Hurrah!